Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Suspension Upgrade

Users Country Flag

Tiguan Suspension Upgrade

Hi Guys, since last few weeks I am in a mission to find good suspension kit for Tiguan. I did talk to few forum members and got their feedback but still could not come to a conclusion regarding this matter

Once I was almost settle on Koni FSD + Eibach Pro Kit springs but in Koni website says their FSDs only work with factory springs. Can anybody confirm this or have success running this set up regardless of Koni's recommendation.

Another option is to get H&R street performance coil overs and they have a kit specially developed for Tiguans. Actually they have a moded Tig with this set up installed. If any of you guys have this I would really appreciate some feedback on ride quality.

Third option is to get H&R cup kit for Tigs. Any feedback on this installed on a Tig is also very valuable.

Also any other suggestions on lowering suspension kit suitable for Tigs is highly appreciated. I like to upgrade whole thing springs + shocks or coilovers in one go or at least have a plan if need to go for expensive set up. My highest priority is minimal sacrifice of ride comfort with lowering.
    Last edited by Ramee; 14-02-2014 at 09:01 PM.

I think 90% of people that have lowered their Tigs have either put in H&R or Eibach lowering springs and left the stock shocks.

Not to say this is the best set-up but unless you want to go lower or have an adjustable ride-height, then it's probably a reasonable option.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I think 90% of people that have lowered their Tigs have either put in H&R or Eibach lowering springs and left the stock shocks.

Not to say this is the best set-up but unless you want to go lower or have an adjustable ride-height, then it's probably a reasonable option.
    Thanks Tigger, but do you plan to upgrade shocks in future? If so what will you choose for the upgrade. Another thing I like to ask will these Eibach springs cure the pitch movement (nose going up and down) under acceleration and breaking?
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Thanks Tigger, but do you plan to upgrade shocks in future? If so what will you choose for the upgrade. Another thing I like to ask will these Eibach springs cure the pitch movement (nose going up and down) under acceleration and breaking?
    I am quite happy with the ride on Eibach springs and stock shocks. Likely I'll only replace the shocks if/when they wear out.

I'm not sure how much effect the springs are going to make on the nose dive on braking and tilt on acceleration as I put in an Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) while I still had stock springs. I would say the ALK reduced lift/dive by about 80% so quite noticeable. It also had a good effect on turn-in, however it did make the steering a bit heavier. But I don't think this is an issue as the stock steering is quite light.

After putting in the Eibach springs there is a further reduction in the nose diving but this is probably only a further 10%. If you did it the other way around I'm sure you'd find the stiffer springs would have a reasonable effect.

Stock is pretty "noddy" and painfully so when you're doing any hard accelleration/braking. Now you have stage 2 tune with the additional power it's probably worse so would recommend some form of suspension upgrade to reduce the unwanted body movement.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I am quite happy with the ride on Eibach springs and stock shocks. Likely I'll only replace the shocks if/when they wear out.

I'm not sure how much effect the springs are going to make on the nose dive on braking and tilt on acceleration as I put in an Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) while I still had stock springs. I would say the ALK reduced lift/dive by about 80% so quite noticeable. It also had a good effect on turn-in, however it did make the steering a bit heavier. But I don't think this is an issue as the stock steering is quite light.

After putting in the Eibach springs there is a further reduction in the nose diving but this is probably only a further 10%. If you did it the other way around I'm sure you'd find the stiffer springs would have a reasonable effect.

Stock is pretty "noddy" and painfully so when you're doing any hard accelleration/braking. Now you have stage 2 tune with the additional power it's probably worse so would recommend some form of suspension upgrade to reduce the unwanted body movement.

Thanks Tigger73, I just ordered Eibach springs. Will see how it will go. I also will go for Koni FSD or Yellows, if springs are ok with stock shocks.
    Yeah I need this soon one week for K04 to arrive
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

You won't be sorry. Ramee... I found the springs alone to be a great help with the 'noddyness' & reducing body roll. I heard that the stock shocks may wear prematurely & i accepted that, but my car is 3 3/4 years old now & springs have have been in half that time with the stock shocks still good.

I may just go with the new shocks once i hear how you go with the Koni's... Keep us posted!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Thanks MGV.. Good to hear your feedback on this. Now I am bit relieved hearing some good comments about springs.

Also I heard stock shock last about four years on a Tig. So I think I can wait 3 more months to get some feedback on Koni's or better

I have vwr coilovers and rate them. Aren't that expensive considering the price of shocks & springs. Took away a lot if the floaty feel, handles really well now. A little bumpy but that's mainly Brisbane roads.

Just don't do what I have done and go all the way down in the rear. The rear axles hit the chassis rail haha

Hi Ramee, just wondering where did you get the Eibach spring for tiguan?

Does anyone know where in Brisbane that I can buy and install the springs?

I am new here and dont know where can I find some decent car mod shop.

Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyKT View Post
    Hi Ramee, just wondering where did you get the Eibach spring for tiguan?

Does anyone know where in Brisbane that I can buy and install the springs?

I am new here and dont know where can I find some decent car mod shop.

Thanks for all the help.
    Hi, I got it from EBay. There are few guys selling them. I still did not get them installed. If you call pedders I am sure they can help you with the installation.
    Last edited by Ramee; 24-03-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast