Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Factory Options Thread (or what options can I install after purchasing)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
    Are the fog lights much use other than to look cool? Do you use them for night driving by default for better lighting? How do they affect oncoming traffic?
    Just to look cool... really. Real foglights are not white (but yellow/orange), as white reflects off the fog. In NSW is is illegal to use fog lights unless in "adverse driving conditions".

I have seen cars that just have their parking lights and fogs on. Real cool... not.

Hi, I have the 147TSI, I added the following options:

Dynaudio: 147 already comes with the RCD510 head unit, the dynaudio option added an amp and 8 x Dynaudio speakers...sounds fantasic

MDI: The MDI which is the interface to allow you to connect an ipod or external hard drive or standard USB MP3 player into your audio system. You get full control over the external music player/hard drive via the stereo system buttons/touch screen and get to see playlist, artist tracks etc on the screen. Factory fitted it seems this gets properly fitted into the centre console and it is a fairly cheap option. Dealer fitted (as in my case) it is double the price and they put the connection inside the glove box (which looks aftermarket and not genuine).

Door Sill Scuff Plates: I initially thought these were great, unfortunately the Tiguan Logo is wearing off my drivers door one as the scuff plate is rubbing on the bottom of the door which is also marking the paint...I'd say the dealer didn't fit them correctly. It's going back to have new ones fitted as soon as the replacements arrive.

Park Assist: As everyone's mentioned the sensors and the optical display on the radio screen is fantastic, you can activate the sensor anytime by pressing a button on the console (i.e. you don't have to be reversing to activate them). I've only tried the auto park twice, unfortunately i had to stop it both times as it was heading straight for the gutter and I didn't want to scratch my mags...I need to find a quiet spot to give it another test run!

Leather: Absolutely worth it, the leather quality is superb, the lumbar adjustment on both front seats is great. The under seat storage drawer is handy and I love the electric seat adjustment

Genuine Carpet Mats: Not really worth the price but I've tried to find aftermarket mats that fit in the footwell properly...not had any luck so far (I want mats for my mats to use when it's raining)

Comfort Pack: The 147 comes with this standard, IMHO it is worth the upgrade in the diesel. The Climatronic dual zone A/C is great, but the best feature is the Air quality sensor with automatic air recirculation...a must in the city, no more smelly fumes! I had a Climatronic A/C in my Golf, the Tiguan system is way better, it is a true set and forget climate control system. The auto windscreen wipers work flawlessly, my auto headlights were doing weird things when I first got the car (coming on in the middle of the day) but they seem to be OK now.

Compared to my MK4 Golf the standard head lights are a great improvement.

I hope this helps a little.
    2012 GTD, DSG, White, RVC, RCD510 Dynaudio, R LED Tails

Users Country Flag
    I would get the factory tow bar rather than aftermarket one it will work properly from the day one. For me it is like extra protection for the back especially at the car parks, it cost more to repair the paint, than to order genuine tow bar. I never remove the ball from the towbar.

Treg towbar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
    Thanks for that. Just 2 other things I forgot to ask about.

1) Roof-rack cross bars - although there's mention of them on the VW website, there doesn't appear to be anything on the pricelist. Anyone have any idea how much they'd be? I believe Rola one's would be in the $250 region, so would be interested if they're much more/less from dealers.

2) Tow hitch - again, not on the pricelist. is this better to get aftermarket, or factory fitted? If the latter, any idea how much it is in Aus?
    Ah yes, the accessories. Can I add to the list?

3) Are the sidesteps available yet? Wondering how much they cost.

4) The boot liners. They come in 2 versions - the plastic tub and the carpet mats. Does anyone have them and how much are they?

brh1978 - how much is the list price for the genuine floor mats and the door scuff plates?

At the rate the options and accessories are stacking up, I'm pricing myself out of a Tig!! But oh so tempting.

Users Country Flag
    If buying on budget, than IMO the must have accessories would be:

Off road technology
    Carpets
    Anything else you can live without or buy aftermarket later

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    brh1978 - how much is the list price for the genuine floor mats and the door scuff plates?
    I paid:

Scuff Plates - $265.00 inc gst fitted
    Premium Mats - $239.00 inc gst
    2012 GTD, DSG, White, RVC, RCD510 Dynaudio, R LED Tails

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Anything else you can live without or buy aftermarket later
    If you're going to buy aftermarket don't forget to add the cost of fitting the parts - unless you're going to do it yourself of course. And then there's the drama of functionality loss (RNS510 aftermarket doesn't come with rear camera) and wiring dramas (fog lights and tow kit, so I am told).

I wanted to change my mind about extras but was told I was too late, the order had already gone in to VW. Larger wheels would cost me rims + rubber which added up to more than the original option if I had ordered them at the time.

Users Country Flag
    I'm getting premium car mats thrown in by the dealer for free but if I didn't I'd be buying them here: $99

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Ti...3286.m20.l1116

and not from the dealer.

And boot mat here: $75

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Volkswagen-Ti...3286.m20.l1116

And an IPod adaptor, no worse than the VW from the look of it here: $189
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Car-iPod-iPho...3286.m20.l1116

It even has a VAG car in the picture .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Factory options might include comfort pack and park assist.

Things like leather you can do here in Aus (save yourself about $2000, + you get best leather and you can choose from a much bigger range of colours).

After that the other option you really might like to consider for you Tig is the remap - best upgrade you'll ever do!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brh1978 View Post
    I've only tried the auto park twice, unfortunately i had to stop it both times as it was heading straight for the gutter and I didn't want to scratch my mags...I need to find a quiet spot to give it another test run!
    Just make sure that you're not too close to the vehicle beside you. I make sure that when I'm cruising past parked vehicles, I'm doing it at the same distance that I normally would when looking for a reverse park (sounds obvious, but for some reason, the first couple of times I realised I was driving past them closer than I normally would). The system can only do what it can do, and try as it might, it's not going to get me into a spot if I've set it up wrong - as I was doing! Since keeping that distance now, I've never had a single failure in probably over 30 parks or more (apart from when I pulled up beside a flat-bed truck and it lost the back of it and tried to spear me into the end of the tray!).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast