Support VWWC

Thread: Tiguan 2012 5N pacific Touchscreen Head Unit

Users Country Flag

Tiguan 2012 5N pacific Touchscreen Head Unit

I'm thinking of replacing the radio in my 2012 Tiguan with a touchscreen from a wreckers and wondering if

1. if all the wiring will be there to plug the Touchscreen unit straight in and it's a fairly straight forward job?

2. if it has an input for a Reversing camera.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    There are a few different versions. Do you know which one you are looking at?
    The RNS510 navigation unit and RCD510 6 stacker unit havw a 4 digit pin, but this can be easily obtained from vwcodes.org for 15euro.
    If it's a Discover Media from 2016 Tiguan these have Component Protection which is not as easy to deal with. But do-able.
    All RNS510 support a factory reverse camera input.
    RCD510s need to be made by Delphi and have the 26pin multimedia connector on the back to support a reverse camera.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Yes it's TOUCH SCREEN NAV RNS510,
    Last edited by photoforum; 12-09-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by photoforum View Post
    Thanks Yes it's TOUCH SCREEN NAV RNS510,
    My 2009 147TSI come with RCD510. RNS510 upgrade was as simple as unplug old unit and plug in the new one. I did the bluetooth 9W2 and rear camera upgrade at the same time so there was was VCDS coding as well.

received it today and was very easy to install had to send of for the PIN from the above website which arrived within the hour for a total of $33 AUD Problem is the unit came from Melbourne and only shows me as being in Melbourne when I am near Sydney. Have done a reset and restart but still the same. From further research looks like I need a GPS Antennae
    Last edited by photoforum; 21-09-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    When I ordered a new RNS510 from overseas buyer it came with "puck" style aerial which i left on top of the radio unit under the dash. OEM installed RNS looking at few posts from tiguan forums suggest a sharkfin style extension to the stock aerial where the GPS aerial "lives"

Volkswagen Tiguan Gps antenna assembly. Navigation, system, satellite - 5N0035501D - Genuine Volkswagen Part

Users Country Flag
    I suppose everybody (including myself) assumed you would get a GPS antenna with the radio or knew that you needed 1 if the car did not have SatNav as standard. I have personally installed 2 RNS510s (still have 1 in the Amarok) from overseas and they both came with the antennas.

Its no issue, easy and cheap to source. GPS Antenna Fakra for Audi Volkswagen Skoda Seat MFD2 RNS315 RNS510 | eBay

EDIT: BTW, you will need somebody to code the RNS510 properly too using VCDS. Without that you may not have the Nav instructions appear on the info screen on the dash.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 22-09-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Yup I ordered the GPS Antenna will see how it goes. Now trying to figure out how to connect a rearview camera the Unit lacks a normal video input so apart from an expensive unit from germany i have found this

Users Country Flag

Have a look here: Tiguan 5N - Rear View Cameras & Parts

All OEM VW stuff and likely to be better (but more expensive) option.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...