Support VWWC

Thread: Tiguan 155tsi 2013 DSG issues?

Tiguan 155tsi 2013 DSG issues?

Noticed the DSG in my Tiguan 155tsi 2013 model seems to be slipping a bit lately almost like a worn clutch feel? Then the other day I was going up a small hill, when the car went into neutral all of a sudden (like pressing the clutch on a manual) and it revved out while driving, could not get drive at all, luckily I could pull over as I wasn't going too fast and I noticed the little tool icon flashing, but no other major warning lights or messages. Had to turn the car off and back on and it has been ok since.......

Reading up it sounds very much like the DSG issues occurring with the recalls, but being a Tiguan they don't seem to be listed even though it's essentially the same GTI MK6 bits? VIN search shows no recall, so my question is this a known thing Tiguans DSG even though they aren't listed as a recall? VW says there will be costs to even check it as it's not officially listed as a recall....wondering also if many other Tiguan owners have had this issue?
    Last edited by airofu; 23-06-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Did you get this sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyyko View Post
    Did you get this sorted?
    Got my service booked in soon, will see if anything shows up in diagnostics and on inspection, also noticing the gears overall feel like they slip a bit mainly on 1-2 and generally before the car really warms up...

How many km on your car? And has the DSG oil ever been changed? Should be done every 60,000km/4 years.

It definitely sounds like slipping clutches/not enough clamping pressure. I wouldn't be driving it around in this condition as you could do more damage to it and require costly replacement of clutch packs.

You may be able to fix it with software to increase the clutch clamping pressures.

I haven't heard of this being an issue with these but I'd be putting some fresh oil in it to start with and changing the filter and go from there.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    How many km on your car? And has the DSG oil ever been changed? Should be done every 60,000km/4 years.

It definitely sounds like slipping clutches/not enough clamping pressure. I wouldn't be driving it around in this condition as you could do more damage to it and require costly replacement of clutch packs.

You may be able to fix it with software to increase the clutch clamping pressures.

I haven't heard of this being an issue with these but I'd be putting some fresh oil in it to start with and changing the filter and go from there.
    Yep last service was the 60k+ DSG one, has about 74k on it now for the next service.

Users Country Flag
    I have the same 155 DSG model as you. A couple of years back, during summer I experienced a similiar issue, upslope as well.
    Went back and topped up DSG fluid (through the filter section). Been fine ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by OneM View Post
    I have the same 155 DSG model as you. A couple of years back, during summer I experienced a similiar issue, upslope as well.
    Went back and topped up DSG fluid (through the filter section). Been fine ever since.
    Thanks does seem to happen more in an incline now that you mention it, will check it out.

Users Country Flag

Similar thing happen to my EOS with the flashing tool icon, no power after driving it for a while. But works fine once cooled down. Mechanic claims it's a failed mechatronics unit. Could it just be bad fluid?