Well as a fitting finale and 1,000th post in this thread I'm going to close this chapter on the Tig.

It's been a great ride. I have enjoyed every minute of it and if I was in the same position I would do it all again. Maybe with hindsight I'd do things a little differently but hey we got there in the end even if it was a bit of a round-about journey including 4 trips to Melbourne and the ECU winging its way to Brisbane, most of the fun is in the journey and not necessarily the final destination.

So as one door closes and another one opens, there's a new chapter starting for the Tig and who knows where it's going to go... only time will tell.

Do I have any regrets? Perhaps that I didn't get around to fitting a BBK and doing a turbo upgrade... and possibly a dual exit exhaust. But then again it was my daily driver and not a track car and I still wanted to keep my wife and 3 kids

Here's where it all started:

And after driving close to 100,000km and adding a boot-load of mods here's where it ended up:

I have enjoyed all the encouragement/support and information sharing that this forum provides. I probably won't be as active on here as in the past 3 or so years given that I won't have a VW in the drive. But who knows when the MQB Tig arrives I may well be encouraged back