Support VWWC

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Thread: Team_v's Tig

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Welcome back!!!!!

How is it jumping back into the Tig?
    It's still just as much fun to drive as ever.
    Really happy to have the power again after driving 1.2L skoda's and 1.4L focus's

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Was just thinking your car is now 5!! (as is mine in a week or so) Any plans for the next little while? ie keep, sell, trade, mod further? I'm currently sitting on just under 100 000k's, would like to think i will keep for another 100 !

Hope the vacation was awesome! All the best.
    Yes, its now 5 and has just ticked over 40,000km.
    I am happy to keep it as is for now because it does everything i need it to do really well.
    Potentially looking at a brake pad/disc upgrade later as it does fade a bit at happy laps.

I entertain the idea of other cars but it would mean selling mine when it performs flawlessly and i would really only upgrade to a Porsche Cayman which would be a bit of a cost.

Not the speediest of replies...

Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Not the speediest of replies...

Yes.
    Got back and work has been crazy busy.
    Haven't had a chance to get on the forum much or get the car out for a blast.

Mate, i believe you are still on your original battery & usually your car is in the garage except for weekends? (this is the case for me too, lately...) Was just wondering if you are using a trickle charger through the week while your car is not being used?

I think my car was built in 2009, & battery is still going strong (not using a trickle charger), but in the back of my mind, i guess i am expecting it to run out of puff within the next 12 months...

Mate, i believe you are still on your original battery & usually your car is in the garage except for weekends? (this is the case for me too, lately...) Was just wondering if you are using a trickle charger through the week while your car is not being used?

I think my car was built in 2009, & battery is still going strong (not using a trickle charger), but in the back of my mind, i guess i am expecting it to run out of puff within the next 12 months...
    Funny that this is the last reply in the thread.
    The battery just died on me this week after 5.5 years of ownership.

No trickle charging or jumpstarting in its history, just regular distance drives and the led lights which may have helped reduce load on teh battery.

RACQ came out in about 15 minutes, swapped the battery for a new one at $220 fitted and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Before it ran out i did use the 12v plug to blow up an air mattress which in hindsight i should probably just get a 240v wall plug air pump for.

Just had the Tig in for its 6 year service.

The guys at Prestige and Performance called to say that there was an error code for the Haldex Controller which was causing it to not engage the 4-motion system every so often. Apparently this was quite common in Haldex Gen 1-3 but less common in Gen 4.

They apparently cleaned up the connections for the haldex pump as that has solved the issue on a few other cars they have seen with the same issue.

Other than that the car is still going flawlessly with Stage 2.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Other than that the car is still going flawlessly with Stage 2.
    Hi Clay, great to see your Tig is still going strong. Have you a clutch replacement yet? I couldn't believe mine needed one as quickly as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Hi Clay, great to see your Tig is still going strong. Have you a clutch replacement yet? I couldn't believe mine needed one as quickly as it did.
    Clutch is still the original and still going great.
    I was concerned that it might be the weak point in the system with stage 2 power but it seems that the weak point is how short first gear is.

The Tig hit 50,000km's on the weekend and is still performing flawlessly.

It's going to get a workout the next couple of months with house renovations and moving.

Awesome, still going strong! Bit of a milestone... Going to hang onto it for another few years? I always meant to ask if you ever needed to (or not!) had the timing chain tensioner replaced in yours?

Will hit 115000 in mine this weekend!

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast