Support VWWC

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Team_v's Tig

awesome! i nearly got myself a tig except i wanted to put my golf clubs in the boot. lol
    nice debadging and i guess i'm not the only one curious to know what's in your box(es) of goodies.
    btw, if you speak to guy.. can you ask him when he plans to have the apr sale? they usually do one mid-year and i'm eagerly waiting for it.
    '09 Jetta 1.4 TSI 7spd DSG in Platinum Gray

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff View Post
    awesome! i nearly got myself a tig except i wanted to put my golf clubs in the boot. lol
    nice debadging and i guess i'm not the only one curious to know what's in your box(es) of goodies.
    btw, if you speak to guy.. can you ask him when he plans to have the apr sale? they usually do one mid-year and i'm eagerly waiting for it.
    The rear seats slide forward enough to fit most stuff in the boot so i don't think there would be an issue with the golf clubs.
    But i do realise that the boot size is a bit smaller than some of the competitors.
    Can't have everything.

I hope to get through the box of goodies this week so there will be updates when they go on.
    Unfortunately the AU$ dropped so i will wait until it goes above US$0.90 before i get the springs and look at wheels.
    It gives me time to appreciate the current system and hopefully realise the imprivement of the new bits when i get them.

I think they normally do a EOFY sale in June for APR but i will check and let you know.

So the car was taken back to VW to get the passenger front window button to work.
    Apparently there was a loose wire and it was fixed in about 30 minutes or so.

Took the car to Mastertint (about 300m away) and had them tint the side and rear windows and put a strip along the front windscreen.
    All done in about 2 hours and only cost half of what the dealer wanted.

And here are 2 more pictures of the shaved rear.

Users Country Flag
    The window tine looks nice and dark, is it 35% tint ?

I asked for the darkest legal so it should be 35%

Very nice mate!

Really like the debadged clean look. You have inspired me to do the same.

Hey I have also been waiting to hear about this supposed end of fin year APR special. We have three cars waiting to get done. 1 mates mk6 GTI, 1 mates mk6 118tsi and my 125tsi tig. Bulk deal???

Also, if you plan on doing wheels etc, check the thread I started on "huge vibrations in Tiguan" . was a painful learning experience that I want no one else to go through. I had the Advanti Concept wheels that gave it the GTI look.

I also agree with you about the gearing in 1st...could have been longer I reckon for better off the mark pulling...

Enjoy the tig!!!
    2018 Ralyee Green RS wagon. Fully optioned.
    Previous vehicles:2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (my one detour from VW/Skoda!)
    2013 Platin grey RS wagon / 2012 White Polo GTI / 2009 Black 125 Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Has she told you her name yet?
    I'm going to the pub... I may be some time...

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Very nice mate!
    Really like the debadged clean look. You have inspired me to do the same.

Hey I have also been waiting to hear about this supposed end of fin year APR special. We have three cars waiting to get done. 1 mates mk6 GTI, 1 mates mk6 118tsi and my 125tsi tig. Bulk deal???

Also, if you plan on doing wheels etc, check the thread I started on "huge vibrations in Tiguan" . was a painful learning experience that I want no one else to go through. I had the Advanti Concept wheels that gave it the GTI look.

I also agree with you about the gearing in 1st...could have been longer I reckon for better off the mark pulling...

Enjoy the tig!!!
    Hey mate.
    I love the look of the debaged rear, so much cleaner, only takes about 20 minutes.

I tried to PM Guy about booking in the Tig but he hasn't responded yet.
    Will give his workplace a call later today and update.

I will be going euro specific wheels to make sure that i don't have issues with wheels.
    The only big issue so far is that the dollar dropped and the supplier keeps changing their stock availability so all teh ones i want aren't doable.

I would have removed 6th gear and extended the gearing ratios out so that 1st is longer as it jumps so quickly.
    I believe the auto Tig's start in second gear to rectify that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephy View Post
    Has she told you her name yet?
    No name yet, sorry.
    Tigger is the nickname though. (from Whinne the Pooh)
    Last edited by team_v; 02-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Another picture update.
    Spent yesterday afternoon removing the stock stereo and installing the aftermarket one.

Had some issues as the stereo instructuctions were for a golf and half of the instructions were in Swiss.
    Other issue was that the tiguan instructions i got from mytiguan were for a different model i.e. no airbag light.
    I was also being a bit too cautious i think which made it take longer.
    All up about an hour to remove and install the new one.
    Could do it again in 20 minutes now that i know what to do.

Old RCD310:

New Zenec ZE-NC2010 (all in 1 like the RNS510 - still trying to get the satnav maps to work, but everything else is operational):

Users Country Flag

what's wrong with the satnav?

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast