Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tangles MY15 132tsi

Tangles MY15 132tsi

Hi all, 1st post here.
    Bought a MY15 132tsi DSG AWD 2.0T wagon 1 week ago (back to a wagon again! 1st car was a Type 6 wagon, & also had a 274awkw Nissan Stagea). 1 owner, 27000km, Grey.

Talking brake nipples here.
    1st mod I do on my cars is to install Speed Bleeder brake bleeding nipples. ECS Tuning say SB1010, ie 1.0 x 10mm, is the size required. Does that sound correct?
    Wouldn't mind chucking on some braided front lines too. Won't be modding suspension at this stage.

Next up would be a K&N panel air filter, hard pipe air intake to turbo/airbox, and a Stage 1 91Ron (US) tune, equivalent to 95ron Aus. Maybe a dump pipe down the track. Looking to use the IE Integrated Engineering DIY tune box system, anyone here used it? APR tune seems expensive in comparison....

Link to IE https://performancebyie.com/collections/5n-tiguan/products/ie-ecu-tune-vw-audi-20t-tsi

cheers.
    Tangles.
    Last edited by bwilkeson; 12-01-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Suggestions on turbo to MAF / airbox hard pipe? Stock plastic pipe gets pretty hot.... same as MK6 golf?

Thx in advance.

I think by the time you purchase the tooling, pay shipping and add on GST on the import, the IE tune will work out about what an APR tune costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

MY15 132tsi brakes

Yes air intake is similar to Mk6 Golf. There are some slight differences where the intake connects to the front grille if the intake you’re looking at does this (e.g. APR) as there’s slightly different brackets.

Otherwise if you’re just running a covered pod filter most should fit.

It’s important that the pipe sizes are same as OEM otherwise this can throw out the MAF reading. Although oversize air intake pipes will reduce restrictions, they also screw up air flow readings so best to stay with stock sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 08-02-2020 at 07:56 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Thanks for the reply.
    Purchased a turbo intake hardpipe kit with MAF connection & pod filter, will fit in 3months once the dealer warranty expires. Was a pretty good deal, hopefully it fits alright out of the box.
    I'm leaning towards the IE tunebox down the track as you can easily revert back to stock or upgrade the tune if I were to upgrade the dump pipe, but will research more...
    Will try SB1010 Speedbleeders in the meantime. Need to save up for a towbar kit next.

Got an OBDeleven device, got the app setup, did a full diagnostic scan, came up with 1x minor error only (key fob), cleared the code.
    So, the $199aud ebay hard pipe intake kit with pod filter works well, and doesn't throw a MAF meter code Happy with that.
    Haven't ordered Speedbleeders as yet, but that will be the next modification. Then towbar, and tune.

Finally ordered some Speedtech front braided brake lines, and Speedbleeders all round. Awaiting delivery.
    Also ordered IE ecu remap flash tune using their Powerlink cable. Received quickly, flashed to 93oct tune to test, runs well. Write up is in the ECU section of this forum. Flashed to 91oct tune but yet to test. Gotta say the IE tune is pretty wild, can't imagine APR tune coukd possibly be any better....

IE tune is driving nicely, such a vast improvement over stock tune. Putting the Tig on the dyno soon on the 93oct/98ron tune, will report back.
    Also found a great deal on a Passat CC paddle shift steering wheel, hopefully it'll be a smooth, easy install. I think the paddle shift will improve the remap driveability as it responds best in manual mode. Brake components will be here soon to install too....
    Once I hunt down an appropriate downpipe in a years time I can easily update the IE remap to Stage 2, and look into a TVS remap for the DSG.
    Bolted on a original towbar I found for cheap, just going to try to wire it up with a Curt harness. Plus added floor mats and wool front seat covers (Tig is 30k old so want to keep it fresh inside). It's all coming along nicely, considering it's a budget-concious basic build.

Fitted Stoptech steel brake lines and Speedbleeders to the front-end of the Tig. Vastly improved braking performance....but still feels very wooden, likely OEM-spec pads. Must get some good pads.

Fitted a Passat CC paddle shift steering wheel, used obdeleven to turn on shift function. Easy job.
    With the IE 98ron tune, it's now how it should have been from factory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast