Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tangles MY15 132tsi

Nice! A steering wheel with paddles is almost essential for a DSG equipped car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

^ completely agree!

Installed a VW towbar & wired in a Curt harness to suit. Also chucked in BKR7EIX iridium plugs gapped to .28 with original VW R8 redtop coilpacks.

Got an EZ oil drain valve to install when I drop the oil for Nulon Euro spec 5w-30 synthetic at 32000kms. Like the speedbleeders it just makes the job that little bit simpler....

After the service I'll hunt down some EBC Redstuff pads for the front brakes, and grab 2 new Dunlop Sportmaxx tyres. That'll do for now. Was going to get a rear 24mm Superpro swaybar but that will have to wait for 12months now when I look to get a CTS downpipe & IE Stage2 tune upgrade in Aug-21.

Waiting for my Stage2 map to be created for me by IE, hoping it'll be ready soon. Bit of custom work behind it by the programmer, all good, no rush.

In the meantime I decided to go with an Aussie made downpipe, by Empire Performance in WA. $425 delivered for a Golf R downpipe. From what I can gather I'll need to cut back the hanger bracket a tad to ensure a proper fit, as well as cutting back around 3" from the endpipe. Got the DP delivered today, quality looks pretty good, no issue with the welds to my eye, can't really fault it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Stage2 maps (95 / 98 ron) now ready on my IE Powerlink dongle. Awesome service from the lead programmer @IE!
    Have to find the time now to fit the DP & retune

Next year will go with a rear swaybar & IC upgrade, and that will be it I think...

DP installed. Needed a bit of manipulation to sit correctly, but its done.
    Reflashed ecu to IE Stage 2 successfully, engine pulls hard now with bucket loads of torque. It feels like Beast Mode has been enabled.... very quick with strong power delivery.

One thing that I found was a decent upgrade at stage 2 was the intercooler. On my 125TSI Tig I managed to pick up ~10kwaw just going from the stock intercooler to a Mk6 R one.

It turned out that at the higher power level that the stock intercooler was causing a big restriction in the flow/pressure drop and with the upgraded intercooler I picked up all the missing kw that I knew I was missing.

I'd run the car on the dyno and couldn't work out why it was down on power from where it should have been and the intercooler ended up being the major bottle-neck.

That's correct, definitely needs a larger IC now. Under bonnet temps have increased somewhat so will need to fabricate an intake to shield the pod filter too.
    Did the mk6 R drop in? I was thinking of an S3 cooler for my 132tsi.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilkeson View Post
    That's correct, definitely needs a larger IC now. Under bonnet temps have increased somewhat so will need to fabricate an intake to shield the pod filter too.
    Did the mk6 R drop in? I was thinking of an S3 cooler for my 132tsi.
    Mk6 R / S3 are pretty much the same though I think some of the S3 ones came with aluminium end tanks instead of R ones which are plastic. Core thickness is the same for both. You can pick these up pretty cheap ($50-60) and if you don't mind a bit of DIY you can install yourself. It's a bit of a job as the front end of the car has to come off but there's no real special tools and you'll save yourself $500 in labour in a workshop.

There's some good threads out there on the IC install. Thats correct, the alloy-end IC from an Audi S3 is the better option over plastic and flow upto 30% greater than stock IC. I'll be keeping my eye out for one, they pop up on gumtree occasionally.
    Geez she's got some getup&go Now! TCU needs looking at too

Yeah there's quite a few youtube videos and DIY's. I've done the swap on a couple of cars and you just need a clear day to do it.

I can recommend getting the TVS DSG software. I've had a few different tuners DSG software and the TVS is the best of the lot. It is more pricey but you definitely get what you pay for in terms of improved driveability and refinement of the file.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast