Support VWWC

Thread: S3-copy FMIC

S3-copy FMIC

Would you consider a S3-copy FMIC for your 5N 2.0tsi Tiguan?

Price point seems too good to be true, seeing the same thing being sold from $160 to $360aud, compared to $445usd for a new S3 intercooler from ECS Tuning.

Seriously considering it... thoughts?

FYI my 132tsi is running Stage 2 IE ecu tune, with an el'cheapo Empire Performance down pipe & ebay intake set-up working beautifully. Really should drop in a larger FMIC but not interested in forking out the big$ for a Wagner kit, or the like. I'd prefer to save that kind of coin for a TVS dsg tune.

Users Country Flag

See my old thread here: THS Copy Intercooler review and installation pictorial semi-DIY

I bought one for my MK6 Golf R and it fitted well, worked well and the only negative was that the alloy bung adapter they provided needed to have the mounts ground down a few mm with a dremel. Other than that minor inconvenience it was a great buy.

If you look carefully at my photos you can see on the end tanks where the casting has been ground down (this is the exact spot where the logo is placed for the company selling it (eg CTS, Revo etc)).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler