Thread: Roof Lining Replacement Sydney

Users Country Flag

Roof Lining Replacement Sydney

The roof lining in my MY008 Tiguan has fallen down from the roof. I noticed the rubber around the radio antenna has perished in one part so wondering if water has gotten in or this just happens over time.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone in Sydney that would re line the interior roof.

I was thinking of adding a reversing camera and possibly a new head unit. Should I try and run the cable through the roof before the lining is repaired or am I better off running under the carpet.

Users Country Flag
    Hi mate,

Not sure about the wiring part sorry, but do know someone in Western Sydney that can help you out with the roof liner.

See my post here:
    Roof Lining

STYLE AUTO TRIM - Home | Facebook

He took $250 each for my 2 golfs, can't imagine it would be too much more for your Tigi.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

When you get the roof lining done be sure that you get the people doing the job to fit hose clamps to the point where the drain tubes at each corner are attached to the actual housing . VW,s are well known for those joints leaking as its a dumb idea the way they are made .The actual fitting is a silicone based part which swells up and comes loose and then leaks water . Also when they fit the clamps make sure they also seal the join of the hose where it joins the part which actually clamps onto the housing its a two part fitting . I have done dozens of the roller sunshades in the Tiguans and Audi Q5,s and with out fail 90% of them need those clamps done at the same time as you can see a water mark on the lining . Oh by the way the water is not the reason the lining comes off its just the foam backing of the material is a petro-chemical and breaks down after some years in the heat { Germans don,t bother to test cars in our climate }

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    When you get the roof lining done be sure that you get the people doing the job to fit hose clamps to the point where the drain tubes at each corner are attached to the actual housing . VW,s are well known for those joints leaking as its a dumb idea the way they are made .
    It's not a dumb idea if you're in the business of selling new roof linings to owners of cars that have leaking drain tubes!
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    It's not a dumb idea if you're in the business of selling new roof linings to owners of cars that have leaking drain tubes!
    Believe it or not VW are the only ones using this "dumb " design , all other car makers use either clamps or serrated tube ends to hold the drain tubes in place . I can say after 50 plus years in the car interior and nowadays sunroof industry none of the other car makers have a leak problem from those connections only VW .