Thread: Retro fitting Fog Lights

Users Country Flag

Retro fitting Fog Lights

Hi All,
    Looking for some assistance.
    We have a 2009 103TDI and we need to fit a set of fog lights and possibly driving lights. The commute to work and back is a round trip of 200 k and is on county roads. This time of the year we leave in the dark and return in the dark and quite often the drive is in fog due to the open paddock.
    I read the post from "My Tig" but that was done in 2009. What i a looking for is an OEM part number or some other way of finding a compatible fog light kit and bezel for the car. So far scouring the net has given me fog light kits but i am not 100% sure of the compatibility especially from e bay. I cannot find any aftermarket VW Tiguan specific sites

Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Have a look somewhere like Stedi. Might be worth giving them a call to see what they can offer: STEDI LED Light Bars | Australia
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Euro Car Upgrades might be able to source you a genuine VW fog light kit: Euro Car Performance upgrades - ECU remaps - Navigation - Bluetooth - Latest Australia GPS maps - Auto electrics
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Retro fitting Fog Lights

On my 2010 Tiguan I have both aftermarket fog lights (courtesy of the previous owner) and Hella driving lights. The fog lights were originally on a seperate circuit with a button, but I had Euro Car Upgrades connect them properly (using the BCM, a new switch, and coded correctly) when they did a bunch of other work. They also fitted a new push bar and old driving lights I had from a previous car. The driving lights used the seperate circuit vacated by the fog lights, but are now connected to the high beam (as required by law).

I have no idea where the previous owner got the fog lights from, but I'm just here to say it can be done, although it’s a bit of mucking around.

Last edited by arcadelt; 10-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD