Thread: Replacement for lights next to boot handle

Users Country Flag

Replacement for lights next to boot handle

Hi all,

When last getting my Tiguan serviced, the helpful mechanics seem to have managed to snap the retaining brackets on the lights next to the boot handle. It appears a bigger struggle than it's worth getting them to admit liability for this (as I didn't notice the damaged until the next day when I opened the boot) so I'll have to replace them myself.

Replacement for lights next to boot handle-20210714_211849813_ios-jpgReplacement for lights next to boot handle-20210714_211909492_ios-jpgReplacement for lights next to boot handle-20210714_211912317_ios-jpg

Any idea what they are called? The closed I've been able to find so far appears to be this - Boot/Trunk LED Light Assembly - but the lack of detail makes me uncertain that's what they are.

James

Users Country Flag
    The part number is on the light housings 5NO 943 021A. If you Google the part number you will find places to buy new ones.

May as well get some nice quality Canbus LED bulbs at the same time. iilumo in Melbourne sell nice quality Canbus bulbs. T10 - WHITE (CANBUS)– iilumo
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks very much!

I replaced mine with this LED version (NUMBER PLATE - AUDI / VW / SKODA– iilumo) Believe it's the number plate light

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by reactiveman View Post
    I replaced mine with this LED version (NUMBER PLATE - AUDI / VW / SKODA– iilumo) Believe it's the number plate light
    Well that solves both problems in one easy and cheap solution.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler