Thread: Rear Camera

Users Country Flag

Rear Camera

Hi Guys,
    I have replaced a RNS510 (packed up!) unit in my 2011 Tiguan with an RCD340. All went well EXCEPT for the rear camera. I was told that as the RCD340 used an upgraded signal that the rear camera had to be changed and I got a new one with the Unit. All has been installed and the camera works, although not on the screen. The technician got the image up on another screen just not the one on the RCD340. I was told that using a VW scanning tool, to go into the car's system and tell it to recognise the rear camera. I have finally got someone to do this BUT they are now telling me it needs a code/PIN/binary number???
    Can anyone please enlighten me on what is required to get this working. Where does this code come from? Any help will be very gratefully accepted as this is doing my head in. I'm in Australia if that makes any difference.
    Thanks

Users Country Flag

Hi i am in the same boat , i get msg on rcd 330 - camera not available - unsure about codes etc but was wondering how you got pic on other screen what screen did you use and how was it plugged in , i just want to check if camera is working before i delve deeper thank for any help you can supply