Thread: Petrol flap stuck

Petrol flap stuck

Well I just drove the 200km home from the dealer where I picked up my 2011 Tiguan. Went to put petrol in at home and I cannot get the fuel cap open. When I push on it while the vehicle is unlocked it does nothing. I can't see a manual release cord in the boot. Am I missing something or do I need to give the dealers who sold it to me a call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Roswellj View Post
    Well I just drove the 200km home from the dealer where I picked up my 2011 Tiguan. Went to put petrol in at home and I cannot get the fuel cap open. When I push on it while the vehicle is unlocked it does nothing. I can't see a manual release cord in the boot. Am I missing something or do I need to give the dealers who sold it to me a call?

is there a pull up button in the drivers door As a last resort what does the manual say
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    is there a pull up button in the drivers door As a last resort what does the manual say
    Nope no button. Manual just says that I should be able to push on the flap and it opens. I managed to get it open after just locking and unlocking the car half a dozen times and now it works fine so who knows!

This has been discussed before on this forum, try & do a search. Mine has in the past been a bit sticky so I have used some of my teflon gun lube on the plunger that I believe is connected to a solenoid. Works for me.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    It happened to me once, when i reached fuel station and my car literally was desert dry.
    Flap dint come out, but locking and unlocking the car with remote a couple of times fixed the issue.

Hope this helps.

-vwpaw

Users Country Flag

Possibly some lubrication will as well
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan