Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Panorama Sunroof blind replacement .

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hippyhippy View Post
    did you end up finding someone to fix this up?

also looking for a recommendation for a repairer in sydney area.

thanks
    Hi Hippy, did you find anywhere in Sydny to fix panorama sunbline ?
    I have same issue and looking for someone to fix it. dealer price is too high.

Users Country Flag
    In other news: does anyone know where the drain plug exits for the front 2 drain plugs for the sunroof? I found both rear ones right behind the wheel liners in the rear, but haven't seen the front.

Users Country Flag
    Under the windscreen. Not easy to get to.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Panorama Sunroof blind replacement .-tig-photo1-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-tig-photo2-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    In other news: does anyone know where the drain plug exits for the front 2 drain plugs for the sunroof? I found both rear ones right behind the wheel liners in the rear, but haven't seen the front.
    i just did mine the other day. you need to take out your sun visor. the handles above your door and then you can your roof lining down a little bit. i also need to move the top of the a pillar lining a little bit to give me enough room. its a tight squeeze but you can then access them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RichiesTig; 21-01-2018 at 09:18 AM.

The main issue with those connections is that not only do they leak from the connection of the actual tube leading to the road so to speak but they leak worse from that bulbulous part itself . Just sealing the joint will not fix the leaks you need to fit a worm clamp around the thickest part where it attaches to the housing to ensure a waterproof joint . Even when we do clamp them we also pump sealant around the joint and the housing part to make sure its all good . So far my tally on these Tiguan / Audi blinds is in the fifty plus mark now , I seem to get runs of them so I keep the blinds in stock so as to save delivery delays . Sometimes I still have to wait a few weeks depending on stock levels .As for exit points I always blow them out when they are disconnected to make sure they are clear , under no circumstances should you use compressed air into the top of the sunroof housing because if it is blocked further down you will blow the tube off the housing .

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone found someone in Sydney who charges less than $1000?

Quote Originally Posted by wudy View Post
    Has anyone found someone in Sydney who charges less than $1000?
    I am constantly getting requests for Sydney owners looking for a fitter of these blinds , sadly I don,t know of any . What I can tell you based on VW spare part prices for the blinds they range from around $600 up to $700 depending on colour , I have been told by some customers that VW charge $1800 eye watering dollars to do the job , $1000 is a pretty common price by non VW dealers who are willing to do this job . These blinds are a nightmare to fit as you have to locate two parts each side simultaneously and thats where the risk factor comes in , one single mistake and you can kiss the $600 part goodbye and start all over again with anew blind . Thats why most places will charge that because of the risk factor , even myself having done over fifty plus [stopped counting years ago ] still have the occasional one go belly up and have to grit my teeth and get another blind [yes they are that fragile ]

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Sunny43.5.

There is a sunroof repairer up in Queensland who said he can do it for a lot cheaper because they have found a way to reduce the time it takes significantly. "We don’t remove the whole roof trim or the glass it can be done by sitting in the cargo area and just lowering the rear section of the lining up to the centre pillars".

The problem is that they are in Queensland so I'm waiting to see if someone else has used this method.

Thats me wudy , I have like I said done so many that time is now reduced to an affordable level. That does not mean the price is reduced we still have to pay the price for a part and then in our case travel time and labour is the remainder of the price . You also have to remember VW will not offer warranty on trim parts because we do the fitting , if they fit it they will include warranty which is why they charge $1800 .

Users Country Flag

Does anyone know where I can get one for my Audi Q5 2009?
    I’ve been told it’s part number 1K9 877 307 A and colour light grey H82 but cannot seem to find one. Dealer wants $1k for the part.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast