Support VWWC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Panorama Sunroof blind replacement .

Users Country Flag

Golf 7 are the same Ive also been the victim of one

Although the golf7 sunroof frame just unbolts from the car after rooflining out

Users Country Flag
    I had to replace my 2008 TDI Tiguan, Sun Shade back in 2014. I managed to get a replacement Sun Blind/Shade from Germany for about $120 Australian dollars. It took a lot of hours, but worth it. I found a leak in one of my Sunroof drain tube connections, so its worth checking once the ceiling lining is off. I also made the tool in photo to remove holding clip. Happy to lend if you need it.
    Part was mailed over for a reasonable price. company was RAR RIEDEL Autorecycling GmbH Breitenbrunn Autoersatzteile, Gebrauchtteile einfa

Does anyone know if we can have old Sun Blind/Shade repaired in Australia? My old blind is not torn, just the glue and spring strip has come apart.

Panorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3289-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3332-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3333-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3334-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-rar-recycling-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-part-list-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3318-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3299-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3272-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3323-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3413-jpgPanorama Sunroof blind replacement .-sam_3305-jpg
    Last edited by richie3971; 18-07-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Okay guys an update from my original post on these Mongrel blinds , if you are going to replace one be aware it seems VW have changed the new blinds from the original ones . The cross bar has a plastic fitting which the blind attaches to before inserting into the track , this part on your original will have 3 raised pieces that the blinds metal strip locates onto . There are actually two slotted holes which slips over two of the three locators . Now the new blinds do not have the two slotted holes they have a metal locating piece which is at 90 degrees to the metal strip this will not fit the original plastic end . So make sure you get the new end parts with your new blind , word of warning the new end guides are fractionally larger than the originals and you must sand or file them down so it can slide in and out of the alloy part easily . You see as I found out the distance between the two sides of the roof can vary and if the guide is not free to slide in and out as it goes back and forwards it will jam up and you can kiss goodbye to the new blind {yes found out this one myself } Next since my first post about the tangles etc I have since worked out an easy method of feeding the blind in with out the swearing , when you get the new one and have clipped the metal strip to the new guides then get a couple of cable ties . Attach one to the blind housing each side and then attach them to the main sunroof housing . This will keep the blind really close to the point where you start to slide the metal strip and guide into the housing frame and stops it from flying all over the country side to be quite honest the last one I did with all the new bits was a dream to install took me less than 5 minutes to slide it in and attach the cables to the new guides . Oh and for those that have asked DO NOT BOTHER asking about reglueing you have a **** show in hells chance of it ever working again or even actually staying glued to the strip . here is a strange thing I ordered a blind for a Audi Q5 which is body wise the same as the Tig and it came with the modified end guides with the new blind , I am not sure why the VW ones are not the same but I am sending details to suppliers with a suggestion that they should supply the new ends to match the blinds .

Users Country Flag
    Sunny, Thank you for the top job replacing my blind. Im usually pretty handy with mechanical stuff, but seeing the effort required im glad i have farmed this one out to you.

thanks again !

Users Country Flag
    Hi, Anyone know anyone in the Brisbane & Gold Coast area that can fix this same issue. Mine just went.
    Thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    Contact Sunny above ^^

He's the sunroof guy.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by vwvwvw View Post
    Hi, Anyone know anyone in the Brisbane & Gold Coast area that can fix this same issue. Mine just went.
    Thanks in advance.
    0414312624 Sunny43.5

Urgh! That looks like a complete nightmare of a job.

What is the likely cost all up and does anyone know of someone in Sydney who does this?

I'm considering fixing this before selling my 2009 Tig privately....or I just trade it in when the new one arrives and let the Stealer deal with it?!?

Its in mint condition otherwise (only 50k on the clock), not that the Stealer will care.

Thanks in advance.
    2007 GOLF GTI - Reflex Silver | 5DR | DSG | Sunroof | Full Tint | Black Leather
    2017 TIGUAN 162 - Indium Grey | R-Line | DAP | Pano Roof | Full Tint - Ordered 30/3/17 Collected 23/11/17

Quote Originally Posted by bendor View Post
    Urgh! That looks like a complete nightmare of a job.

What is the likely cost all up and does anyone know of someone in Sydney who does this?

I'm considering fixing this before selling my 2009 Tig privately....or I just trade it in when the new one arrives and let the Stealer deal with it?!?

Its in mint condition otherwise (only 50k on the clock), not that the Stealer will care.

Thanks in advance.
    did you end up finding someone to fix this up?

also looking for a recommendation for a repairer in sydney area.

thanks

Users Country Flag

looking for a recommendation for a repairer in sydney area.

thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast