Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil leak

Yes you are right. I had experience with oil leak with other cars, unless you know where the leak is its guessing game.

I had a looked the same car again which has a oil leak. He replaced the upper timing cover and rocker cover gasket. I checked the after he drew a week to see if the leak still there. When I checked underneath the mechanic didnt clean previous oil leak from cover. I can see the oil leak underneath. I am not sure if it is previous oil which still there somewhere on the cover. But there is no oil leak on upper timing chain cover or rocker.

I also noticed the engine sound. It sounds like a diesel engine. Is it normal sound of tsi engine? (tried to upload .mp3 file but does not allow).

The car as services history but there is no entry any major work done. The owner also replaced the water pump few months ago.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AShaikh View Post
    I had a looked the same car again which has a oil leak. He replaced the upper timing cover and rocker cover gasket. I checked the after he drew a week to see if the leak still there. When I checked underneath the mechanic didnt clean previous oil leak from cover. I can see the oil leak underneath. I am not sure if it is previous oil which still there somewhere on the cover. But there is no oil leak on upper timing chain cover or rocker.

I also noticed the engine sound. It sounds like a diesel engine. Is it normal sound of tsi engine? (tried to upload .mp3 file but does not allow).

The car as services history but there is no entry any major work done. The owner also replaced the water pump few months ago.
    Sloppy mechanic to not clean the oil off after fixing an oil leak.

And yes, TSI engines are quite loud when idling - its the direct injection. Normal.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

The brake vacuum pumps leak on these. RKXtech for a new seal if its that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12