Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk1 Tiguan Wheel Thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Good shots My wheel plans have been put on hold for a bit as it turns out I can't get the 20"s I really wanted in the right offset But the search continues........
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Am yet to see a winning combo.

Where are the spinners? Doesn't anyone want to take the piss?

Just ordering my 20's now .. springs are already on the way.. hopefully by the end of next week should be on the car (wheels are being fed-ex from the states)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stuooz View Post
    Just ordering my 20's now .. springs are already on the way.. hopefully by the end of next week should be on the car (wheels are being fed-ex from the states)
    Sounds good mate
    Can't wait to see what you end up getting.

20's suit the car more as the profile for the 19's is still quite tall.
    The only issue was finding a set that i liked in the correct offset and all that jazz.

Hopefully you can find something Pullstarter.

yeah getting 20x8.5 with a 32 offset looking at 235 35 20 or 245 35 20 for the tyres depending on what deals I can find..

Users Country Flag
    yeah getting 20x8.5 with a 32 offset looking at 235 35 20 or 245 35 20 for the tyres depending on what deals I can find..
    With the tyres, make sure that they are the same or greater load rating than the stock ones otherwise you may have legal complications.

Mine are currently 102 Y i believe.

Yeah Iv been involved with modified cars for quiet awhile . Never had any problems.. been pulled over loads of times to have my cars inspected and never had a problem, you really only have to worry about the load rating of tyres when your modifying commercial vehicles like utes and vans, I do know some guys who have gotten into trouble for load ratings when it comes to those, but again you can get around that by getting it engineered at a lower load rating not allowing you to carry and tow as much which isnt normally what your wanting to do with a modified car anyway. Which reminds me, how did you go with your new headlights as they come from a left hand drive car and normally the angle of those have to be changed to meet our standards, I have looked at those before but didnt want to have to deal with changing the beam angles.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah Iv been involved with modified cars for quiet awhile . Never had any problems.. been pulled over loads of times to have my cars inspected and never had a problem, you really only have to worry about the load rating of tyres when your modifying commercial vehicles like utes and vans, I do know some guys who have gotten into trouble for load ratings when it comes to those, but again you can get around that by getting it engineered at a lower load rating not allowing you to carry and tow as much which isnt normally what your wanting to do with a modified car anyway. Which reminds me, how did you go with your new headlights as they come from a left hand drive car and normally the angle of those have to be changed to meet our standards, I have looked at those before but didnt want to have to deal with changing the beam angles.
    Level adjustment was fine.
    I did them at night and drew out the beam pattern on the wall under the house.
    Installed the new lights and then adjusted the beam pattern so it matched exactly to the stock headlights.

Best of luck with the wheel fitting.
    Any queries feel free to shoot me a pm.

sweet, good to know about the lights .. might be a future mod

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

What wheels are you getting Stu?
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast