Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM Reverse Camera Cable Connections in 2012 Tiguan - RNS510 Head Unit

Users Country Flag

cool that's the right unit, was it second-hand or new? I am wondering if it needs end-of-line programming or parameters loaded before it works.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Brand new.

Users Country Flag
    Did you have any luck getting this coded\ calibrated?
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon

Hey MIG,
    Thanks for checking in.
    I haven't made much progress since the mechanic shop.
    Yesterday I started internet shopping for a coding tool / scanner that I could purchase and do it myself.
    Any suggestions? I was considering the OBD11 gear and phone app, but not sure if it can do what I want.
    I have also downloaded the 5238 firmware update for the head unit (RNS510 with 2720 firmware) but yet to install it (waiting for new maps delivery).
    Any suggestions welcome. Will let you know of any progress as it happens.
    Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Odb11 should be able to do it, it's a good interface for the money.
    I calibrated my first highline module with the sheet printed off on A3 paper done in poster mode, stuck about 6-8 sheets together, got the job done.
    Now I have access to a industrial printer at work, so much easier to make them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    If you want to save some cash by not getting it coded at a shop, I can do it if you don't mind driving this way
    Hi MIG,
    I am wondering if I may be able to take you up on the offer of coding the RVC in my Tiguan. (2012MY 5N with RNS510 head unit and highline camera.)
    Your welcome to contact me directly on 0418 970 095
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Users Country Flag

I am just bumping this thread to see if anyone else has seen this issue with an RNS unit before.

I corrected the coding on the module and gateway; this allowed the unit to be detected and the RNS to bring up the reverse screen when put into reverse.

The image is blank; the "check it's safe to move declaimer is there" is just no picture.

I scoped the video feeds in and out of the camera module and can see video sync.

The camera and module were even calibrated successfully with VCDS, with no errors on both the camera module or RNS unit.
    I also tried coding the RNS for the low-line camera, but there was no change.

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12