Thread: New to tiguan - some questions

Users Country Flag

New to tiguan - some questions

Hi all,

Just couple weeks ago I got a 2014 Tiguan 103 tdi with DSG.
    My very first VW was a 2005 Golf 2.0 tdi manual, then a caddy maxi tdi DSG and now the tiguan

The tiguan have 55000km on the clock, run smoothly and much quieter than the other 2 tdi!

Now have some questions hopefully you guys can shade some light on....

When the caddy is idle and if I push the break pedal enough, I can feel the gear is disengaged (or in Neutral if I'm correct?) But the Tiguan seems never set to neutral unless manually change the gear to N, I'm saying that because the fuel consumption will stay around 0.8/L (0.5/L if set to N) and the car has more vibration. Is this normal?

Is the DSG oil change should happen at 45000km?

Although the engine is same as the MKV 2.0 tdi, the response just not the same, I think the weight must contribute quite a bit, but I'm also wondering it may be related to the emission scandal recall - there's a recall sticker on the side... if this is the case is there a way to rollback the update?

Anyone can share their experience on towing a jetski or something with similar weight? I'll need to have a towbar installed, is there a particular brand(s) I should avoid? Or something I should pay attention to?

Many thanks in advance!!

New to tiguan - some questions

If you have the emissions recall done then your car has been detuned New to tiguan - some questions

Best bet is to get an aftermarket tune or talk to a tuner and see if they can reload the stock file without the update. VW won’t roll it back.

DSG should be done at 60,000km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Good suggestion tigger, hopfully the roll back w can be done.....and wont cost me an arm!

Btw, anyone can tell about the vibration when idle on D?

Users Country Flag
    yes I have the same model 130KW diesel and it has great acceleration ,sounds like your has had the detune done , some thing I would not even consider ,

Hi Ian my tig is only 103kw, tried to get a hold on a 2015 130 interstate but someone was quicker than me😣. So end up with a 103 in vic, didnt see much 130 in the used market.
    I wouldnt bother the recall too but the previous nurse lady owner has different thought🙄.

Ive seen quite a few post on tdi chips tuning, but they are pretty old, most of the guys went for Bluefin, is it still the best option?

Btw, my mechanic said the vibration during idle is just caused by the software, fingers crossed hopefully it can be fixed in the next service(dsg oil change&#129297

Users Country Flag

Good Luck