Thread: New Tiguan 125 owner looking for assistance, happy to pay (Adelaide)

New Tiguan 125 owner looking for assistance, happy to pay (Adelaide)

Hi my name is Ky. I am 15 but turn 16 in a couple of days. My folks bought me a nice Tiguan 125 manual as my first car - we picked it up last night. I would like to be able to look after the car myself as much as I can. Also thinking that when I finish school might be a mechanic. Anyway, first thing wrong with the car that I need to fix is a coolant leak - think I should fix that before I drive the car. The last owner said it is from using the aircon more, but I'm not sure if that is the actual problem. Not sure if there are any other issues but the prior owner seems to have maintained it pretty well. Is there anyone in Adelaide who could look over the car for me and help me diagnose and fix the coolant leak? Happy to pay for your time. My old man knows how to change a battery but that's about it (keyboard warrior). I took a photo of the hose that looks like where coolant is leaking.

New Tiguan 125 owner looking for assistance, happy to pay (Adelaide)-img_20210214_090840-jpgNew Tiguan 125 owner looking for assistance, happy to pay (Adelaide)-img_20210214_090824-jpg

Looks like that hose has perished for sure, get a replacement (ebay, VW, or online parts retailer) & swap it out.
    If you do it bloody quickly you likely won't lose much fluid, then top it up
    Congrats on the 1st car, definitely fix it asap tho.

Users Country Flag

not a bad little first car you have there mate... As im in nsw i cant help but welcome to the forum
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R