Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to me 2010 Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Perthdisco View Post
    Being a 2010 I thought it was a pre 4Motion spec and only FWD however I’m looking underneath there is definitely a rear diff and drive shafts to the rear wheels.
    In Australia at least, the Tiguan was AWD from the beginning. FWD came much later as a lower cost option.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Its a Haldex system Do a wee google on how it works
    Got it. Can see it needs to be serviced every 3 years / 60,000km.

No record of this being done even at the dealer services it received so another item on the to do list. Good videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    In the MK1 Tiguans it was always in AWD mode. Though this was 90% front and 10% rear drive I understand, with up to 50% to the rear when slip at the front was detected. I believe the MK2 Tiguans cuts the rear completely (like most other quasi AWDs) when not needed.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Anyone know what’s the deal with power steering on these cars? Not a conventional pump system with a reservoir?

Users Country Flag
    Most VW are electromechanical

Perhaps you could google for a brochure for the model as a lot of your questions would be answered in there

Here you go 2010 VW Tiguan Brochure
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Perthdisco View Post
    Anyone know what’s the deal with power steering on these cars? Not a conventional pump system with a reservoir?
    Should be electric power steering as mentioned above.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    It is likely that it is only running on FWD as the Haldex systems gum up over time. There are filter kits and also the option of replacing the pump. There are a few posts on this in the forum. You can buy the pump from the UK but the filter kits are available locally. There is a very good youtube and pdf on the issue if you search for it.

Coolant changed today dropped from the lowest radiator hoses where they connect below the water pump working from underneath the car.

Drained, flushed the refilled with new coolant. I’d be surprised if as much as 4-5 litres was drained out. Capacity supposed to be 11 litres seems a lot.

The lower radiator hose on the RH driver side is not in the bottom corner and no drain tap on radiator. Suspect a lot is retained in radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartiguan View Post
    It is likely that it is only running on FWD as the Haldex systems gum up over time. There are filter kits and also the option of replacing the pump. There are a few posts on this in the forum. You can buy the pump from the UK but the filter kits are available locally. There is a very good youtube and pdf on the issue if you search for it.
    Many thanks and now up to speed on Haldex service. Key is to remove the motor and clean the screen on this as well as change the larger filter unit.

Now to the ATF change. This also looks like a feasible DIY. Ryco do a seal and filter kit. Need adapter for refill and Blauparts do a great instructional video.

My question is on ATF fluid. Assuming using aftermarket will create a mix of fluid as probably 40% retained in the TC. So, either use original VW or do a first full drop and filter change with aftermarket ATF and then a second drop and fill only to achieve a high % of new oil.

Any thoughts and ATF recommendations or experience?

Any recommendations for what full 2.0 TSI timing chain + tensioner + guides replacement costs and a WA VW independent repairer?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast