Support VWWC

Thread: "Key not in range" Error

Users Country Flag

"Key not in range" Error

I did do a search but couldn't find anything. So new post.
    I have a MY12 Tiguan and I was down to one key. Said key went through the wash and now doesn't work.
    I've tried drying the fob and replacing the battery, but neither seems to help.
    The car will start, but then conks out straight away and the "key not in range" error shows on the dash.
    I have a new key on order from the local dealer (at a cost of $450 for the key, and then a further $80+ to get it programmed when it comes in). While the cost absolutely makes my eyes water, there is a 14-day lead time on the key. This is the real killer.
    Wondered if just the electronics could be replaced, but dealer said this was not possible, although I didn’t feel like they were trying to be helpful.
    Is it at all possible to get new key fobs locally and pair with the key blade that I have?

Thanks
    MY12 155TSI TIGUAN - Comfort Pack, Beige Leather, Sat Nav, Bi-Xenons, 18" New York Alloys, Park Assist 2.

Users Country Flag

Try these guys Welcome to Replacement Car Keys - Replacement Car KeysReplacement Car Keys
    New MQB platform coding cant be duplicated but yours should be doable for them. Usually they need at least one key to copy but doesnt cost anything to give them a call.