Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor Error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,745
    Users Country Flag

    Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor Error

    Scanned a friend's 155TSI Tig that had the Check Engine Light on.

    Address 01: Engine (CCZ) Labels:. 06J-907-115-CCZ.clb
    Part No SW: 06J 906 027 BT HW: 06J 907 309 A
    Component: MED17.5.2 04 2133
    Revision: P3H07--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0423000C240F0160
    Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
    VCID: 7EA5ED239CFD160A5DF-802A
    VINID: 9E65EAAAA15EA969C004520124F3FD445D

    1 Fault Found:
    008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1)
    P2015 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 11100000
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 152
    Reset counter: 255
    Mileage: 73037 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2018.03.16
    Time: 02:53:36

    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1784 /min
    Load: 72.9 %
    Speed: 60.0 km/h
    Temperature: 91.0C
    Temperature: 43.0C
    Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
    Voltage: 13.589 V

    Is this as simple as replacing the sensor as a starting point?

    Car Engine Air Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor For VW Audi Seat 07L907386A | eBay
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI (150TSI) Trendline manual White2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Polo GTI manual Black Previous VWs and some others ...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula, VIC
    Posts
    516
    Users Country Flag
    Pull the sensor out but leave it connected to the wiring; read the advanced measuring values for the position sensor and see if the value changes when you rotate it.

    You are likely correct about it being a bad sensor, but it might be a stuck intake runner.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Scanned a friend's 155TSI Tig that had the Check Engine Light on.

    Address 01: Engine (CCZ) Labels:. 06J-907-115-CCZ.clb
    Part No SW: 06J 906 027 BT HW: 06J 907 309 A
    Component: MED17.5.2 04 2133
    Revision: P3H07--- Serial number:
    Coding: 0423000C240F0160
    Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
    VCID: 7EA5ED239CFD160A5DF-802A
    VINID: 9E65EAAAA15EA969C004520124F3FD445D

    1 Fault Found:
    008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1)
    P2015 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 11100000
    Fault Priority: 0
    Fault Frequency: 152
    Reset counter: 255
    Mileage: 73037 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2018.03.16
    Time: 02:53:36

    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1784 /min
    Load: 72.9 %
    Speed: 60.0 km/h
    Temperature: 91.0C
    Temperature: 43.0C
    Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
    Voltage: 13.589 V

    Is this as simple as replacing the sensor as a starting point?

    Car Engine Air Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor For VW Audi Seat 07L907386A | eBay
    Maybe, but maybe not.

    I had the P2015 error on my 2014 Eos, CCZB 155KW engine and had to replace the manifold. This is a known issue and there's a revised manifold available. Mine had the original version which was replaced with the newer version.

    I'm not sure how you tell the difference between the two or how one determines if the manifold needs replacement.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Townsville, QLD
    Posts
    10
    Users Country Flag
    Same issue with my Tiguan in October

    The intake flap actuator failed internally

    I supplied the new part

    06J133201BH - Variable Intake Manifold - Volkswagen Golf MK6 GTI, Tigu VAGPARTS Australia

    Ultra Tune Garbutt ( Townsville ) did the work and also had to change over one of the old sensors to clear a new fault with the new intake.

    if you look at the intake flap actuator you can see the difference between the old & new


    Cheers

    Shaun
    Last edited by steagles; 10-12-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2015 Tiguan 132Kw 4Motion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,745
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks All

    At $28, we will try the sensor 1st. If that does not fix it, it is likely the actuator has failed.

    VAGPARTS not the cheapest on that new intake (or any part really), I will start researching where to get a new intake from.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI (150TSI) Trendline manual White2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Polo GTI manual Black Previous VWs and some others ...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,797
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Thanks All

    At $28, we will try the sensor 1st. If that does not fix it, it is likely the actuator has failed.

    VAGPARTS not the cheapest on that new intake (or any part really), I will start researching where to get a new intake from.
    You can likely get it cheaper from USA or Europe, but obviously you will have to wait a few weeks for it to get here. VAGParts isnt the cheapest, but they are good to deal with, ship quickly and have the part in stock. Also you can use the code 5 for 5% off.

    Audi VW 2.0T Intake Manifold - Vaico 06J133201BH | FCP Euro

    403 Forbidden
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 11-12-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,745
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    You can likely get it cheaper from USA or Europe, but obviously you will have to wait a few weeks for it to get here. VAGParts isnt the cheapest, but they are good to deal with, ship quickly and have the part in stock. Also you can use the code 5 for 5% off.

    Audi VW 2.0T Intake Manifold - Vaico 06J133201BH | FCP Euro

    403 Forbidden
    How good is FCP Euro!

    I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them now and they ship quickly.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI (150TSI) Trendline manual White2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Polo GTI manual Black Previous VWs and some others ...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |