Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to track the car you've ordered. THINGS TO CHECK WHEN PICKING UP A NEW TIGUAN.

Users Country Flag

How to track the car you've ordered. THINGS TO CHECK WHEN PICKING UP A NEW TIGUAN.

Welcome to the "How to track the car you have ordered" thread

Is the car in the country or is it in transit from overseas? If it's in transit you can track it with the VIN number here:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/
    (note that this website works in IE, doesn't work in Chrome)

Enter the VIN number in the "Cargo ID" field and click on the "Track" button. This will tell you where the ship is.

Once you've found the name of the ship / vessel, you may be able to get more accurate updates on the ship's location at the following URL by searching for it in the "Vessel's Name" box.

Current Vessels in Range - AIS Marine Traffic

(Thanks to hooba for the updated information.)

DO NOT PANIC if you can't immediately find your car once you have your VIN. The car will not appear on the tracking site until it has been loaded onto the vesel and possibly even a few days after that once the shipping manifest has been updated.

Also note that ships can "disappear" from the tracking if they are out of the 74km to 111km range of a coastal shipping port's tracking services. This will occur several times and for "days at a time" during the voyage.

(Thanks to coreying for this updated information)

So how do you get your VIN number, and what is a "COMM Number"?

A VIN number will only be allocated when the car is handed to production. It should be available to your detail at "Checkpoint 8" which is Step 15 of the list below.

A "COMM Number" is the "commission number" that VW / the factory / the dealer uses to track the car's order from the dealer inputting the customer's car configuration, through production, through to delivery to the customer at the dealer location.

This is done in a VW system called NADCON.
    You can request that your dealer sends you a screenshot of the "ETA Data" which shows you this information along with the dates of each step:
    1. Customer Contract Date
    2. Order Entry Dealer System
    3. Order Entry NADIN
    4. Order Registration IFA
    5. Buildability Check
    6. SGW Rebooking
    7. Current SGW Determination
    8. Allocation of Production Plant
    9. Handover to Production
    10. Start Body Shell Shop
    11. End Body Shell Shop
    12. Start Paint Shop
    13. End Paint Shop
    14. Start Final Assembly
    15. Checkpoint 8 Handover to Sales
    16. Start Service Shop
    17. End Service Shop
    18. Exit Production Plant
    19. Arrival Port of Shipment
    20. Departure Port of Shipment
    21. Departure Last Port of Transit
    22. Arrival at Port of Destination
    23. Departure from Port of Destination
    24. Arrival at Final Destination
    25. Departure From Final Destination
    26. Arrival at Dealer
    27. Delivery to Customer

Note that I'm not exactly sure what every one of these steps means. Also some steps can occur on the same day, and some can occur out of order.

You could also request a screenshot of the NADCON Car Configuration to ensure that the car which is to be built is definitely what you have ordred. Although be aware that it isn't simply a list of the model and the options you've selected. It is a series of 3 to 7 digit codes, some items of which are the options you've select, some options which are in multiple items, and some items which are "standard specifications" for Australia, but which still need to be entered for the configuration! So in other words, if you need to ask a question to the dealer in relation to this screenshot, be nice, because what may seem like a mistake is actually required!

(Thanks to coreying for this updated information. If you have corrections or more information, please PM coreying or a moderator.)
    Last edited by Transporter; 31-05-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    How to decode vehicle sticker located near the spare tyre and in the owner's manual.

Location of the paint code.
    Last edited by Transporter; 30-10-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Users Country Flag

Picking up the Tiguan in a day or two, things to check...

The wait is finally over, received a call from a nice lady at VW informing me that car is ready to be picked up next week. I opted for Friday after work so I can have a nice playtime with the Tig on the weekend.

Quick question, is there anything in particular that need to be checked when I'm picking up the car?

Users Country Flag
    See, if there are any options that you need vagcom'd like the windows open/close on key hold and get these done before you pick it up.

Take someone with you if you can, so he/she can check the car in out, since you will be finishing the paper work with the dealer and then he/she will be explaining to you all the features and all key functions of the vehicle. It’s their job.

Make sure all the options you paid for are in the car.
    See if you can get the map disk if you got the RNS510.

Go over the car to make sure all the electronics work (both car keys, windows, lights boot hatch etc) and that there is no visual marks on the car incl alloy wheels. Check body panels and paint outside the showroom. Any chips and/or scratches to clearcoat are not easily visible inside. Make sure the detailing has been done properly especially around the edges of the door trims and rubber mouldings a smearing of white residue after polishing could be hard to clean.

Check tyres incl. Spare tyre.
    Check that the registration sticker is applied and that you have no. plates.
    Lift up the bonnet and visualy check the engine bay.

If you have not yet driven your particular vehicle, take it for a test drive around the block before handing over the cheque.

Thanks to members that also contributed to this post: aussietig, tigger,
    Last edited by Transporter; 30-01-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm sure that there are many other things that you will find they could be check when taking the delivery of a new car. Don't be shy to make a suggestion and we will top up the list.

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone have a list of things that are included in the $2000 dealer pre delivery (a checklist), do they do a wheel alignment in pre delivery?

Users Country Flag
    From memory, I think not.

But definitely make sure you are given the pre-delivery report and do double check what boxes have been ticked.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my 147 on Friday, just getting used to it 300km, Wheel alignment is apparently done at VW after they get off the boat, love the car so far. Dissapointed with the pre delivery for $2000, Oil and fluid levels all good, but was missing the antitheft wheel nut adapter (im am glad i picked up on this), Tyre pressures were Front 44,45 Rear 44,49. and this was ticked on the predelivery checklist !
    I do wish the ignition had a light around the keyhole.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by go1better View Post
    was missing the antitheft wheel nut adapter (im am glad i picked up on this), Tyre pressures were Front 44,45 Rear 44,49. and this was ticked on the predelivery checklist !
    Good catches! My new one is due in the next week or two, so I think i'll be making a checklist to take down as well.. just in case
    2011 Tiguan | 125TSI (5N) | Deep Black | DSG (7-speed) | Launch Control | 4Mo | Fog | Comfort | Bluetooth | MDI (USB + iPod) | Roof Bars | Rear Sensors | Floor Mats | First Aid Kit

Are the new car completely washed and waxed before you pick them up?
    I am due to receive my car in 2 weeks time and was wondering if I need to arrange a detailer...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast