Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to track the car you've ordered. THINGS TO CHECK WHEN PICKING UP A NEW TIGUAN.

Thanks for the check list. Am picking up my Tiguan on Saturday!

Users Country Flag
    Love these links. This is awesome. My Skoda Yeti is on the SUNSHINE ACE. Due to arrive in Port Kembla on 23 December.

Any one know how long it takes between landing and delivery?

Happy Days.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by joel0407 View Post
    Any one know how long it takes between landing and delivery?
    I found another thread where 4 guys had vehicles on the same boat and each vehicle was through a different dealer. The first guy got his after 2 weeks and the other didn't post any further.

Anyone else want to share their experience.

Happy Days.

It may have already been mentioned in this thread but a good thing to check before picking up your Tig is to see if it makes that ugly wastegate rattle, perhaps even get them to specifically check for it during the PD inspection. It appears to be fairly common in the 2.0 TSI's still.

It's a very quick fix and might save a trip back to the dealer, which is good if you live 300km away from your dealer like I do.

Picked up my Tig today.

Unfortunately I found an issue with the paint.

Seemed to be a brown spottyness in a fair few places on the paintwork, my car is white.

Also found 2 chips on the rear top spoiler thingo.

Sucks to be me as I live 2hrs away from the dealer and had to take the car in order to get home!

Good news is I have pointed these blemishes out to the dealer and he has arranged to get the car fully polished and re-detailed, ontop of that he is giving me a loan car for 4 days as this weekend is the only suitable time for me and I have to get to the airport to fly interstate!

Overall I'm pretty disappointed that the blemishes weren't picked up in pre-delivery, but am quite satisfied with the remedial actions so far.

Definitely pays to go over your car with a fine tooth, I spent about an hour combing every inch of paint and the interior.

On the positive side, I love my Tig .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alexc2005 View Post
    Picked up my Tig today.

Unfortunately I found an issue with the paint.

Seemed to be a brown spottyness in a fair few places on the paintwork, my car is white.

Also found 2 chips on the rear top spoiler thingo.

Sucks to be me as I live 2hrs away from the dealer and had to take the car in order to get home!

Good news is I have pointed these blemishes out to the dealer and he has arranged to get the car fully polished and re-detailed, ontop of that he is giving me a loan car for 4 days as this weekend is the only suitable time for me and I have to get to the airport to fly interstate!

Overall I'm pretty disappointed that the blemishes weren't picked up in pre-delivery, but am quite satisfied with the remedial actions so far.

Definitely pays to go over your car with a fine tooth, I spent about an hour combing every inch of paint and the interior.

On the positive side, I love my Tig .
    The spots are fall out from Port Kembla (where the NSW Dock is). My Yeti was the same. I just polished myself. Make sure you check the glass too. My window tinter pointed it out to me. It's hard to explain and doesnt show up in photos but he said it will grow on the glass had I left it. I polished all the glass areas as well. I supose the easiest way to explain it is a small oil drop on the glass but it doesnt wash off.

Happy Days.

Yeah mate, I was going to claybar it myself anyway, but then I thought, "Hang on, this is a BRAND new car, I shouldn't have to do that!"

I will most likely do it anyway and then apply a sealant.

Will definitely check the glass! Thanks mate!

it might be worth noting for cars due into Fremantle port you can actually track the arrival of the vessel here: https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/V...Movements.aspx

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for this. have made some points to check based of the posts on the thread.

Picking up my tiguan very very soon!!

My car arrives in the port on the 9th Jan, any idea when I would expect delivery? Is 1 week too optimistic?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234