Thread: Haldex Gen-5 pump o'ring where to buy??

Users Country Flag

Haldex Gen-5 pump o'ring where to buy??

guys. I need to change haldex oil in an audi q3 2016. I see alot about removing haldex pump and clean the strainer as gen 5 doesn't have filter. Now there are 2 big o'ring on the pump I see most DIY video they just put the pump back without replacing the O'ring. I search interweb for those oring and they come from UK USA and Latvia. Obviously stealership won't sell them.
    Should I just not replace the o'ring or just not remove pump at all???
    Auto store only sells a box of 200+ assorted tiny o'ring and nobody stock big orings ??

Why won't the dealership have them if they are a service part, have you asked the dealer?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Dealers don't have them as thats not a serviceable part in their book. Dealer never take out pump to clean in their service procedures so yeah only the DIY mechanic do such thing.

Users Country Flag
    If you end up buying one, get it from UK as generally their shipping prices are much more reasonable than USA.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Any bearing supplier...with a sample. I would be very surprised if VW cannot supply them, it may be correct but I would want proof from a dealer and not from some person on the internet and I sold spare parts for a living for many years. Just because it is not a serviced part in a regular service schedule means nothing so do your self a favour and go along to a dealer and ask the question.

Users Country Flag

A lot of Haldex stuff doesn't show up in ETKA.

You need to source a lot of it from Haldex repair agents, of which there are none in Australia.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0