Thread: Front suspension squeaking going over bumps

Front suspension squeaking going over bumps

My 2013 Tiguan squeaks driving straight over bumps. If I go across the bumps at an angle it doesnt happen.
    When I bought the car, I was told its because of the suspension mounts which I changed with the drop links but it didnt help. As it only happens going straight at a speed bump I am thinking its the roll bar bushes. Volkswagen only supply the full roll bar, so wondering if anyone has had this experience and if they have replaced the mounts?

Users Country Flag
    Had similar issue. But it was the rear squeaking like mad over speed humps. Try greasing the swaybar bushes. Rear ones are quite easy to get to (relatively) fronts are a POS.

When mine squeaked, it turned out to be the front control arm rear lower console bushes... these have holes in, and the squeaking was the rubber to rubber rubbing when the bushes were compressed.

To test if it is these, just spray some lubricant in the holes on both bushes and take it for a drive. If the squeak goes, then you know it's these.

I unded up just putting some red rubber grease in the holes of the bush, and it hasn't happened again.

Yooj