Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog Light

Fog Light

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Just order my new Tiguan on Tuesday and I stupidly did not order it with fog light. So I have rang my dealer today and wanted to add it, they told me the car is already scheduled for production and I cannot change my order.

So I am wondering if anyone in this forum have fitted the after market fog light on to the Tiguan ?

Thanks in advance

a fat boy......

Customer Contract Date

Order Entry Dealer System

16/02/09

Order Entry NADIN

16/02/09

Order Registration IFA

16/02/09

Buildability Check

16/02/09

SGW Rebooking

16/02/09

Current SGW Determination

16/02/09

Allocation of product plant

18/02/09

Handover to production

18/02/09

·

Start Body Shell Shop

20/03/09

End Body Shell Shop

Start Paint Shop

21/03/09

End Paint Shop

Start Final Assembly

23/03/09

Checkpoint 8 Handover to Sales

24/03/09

Start Service Shop

End Service Shop

Exit Production Plant

27/03/09

Arrival Port of Shipment

31/03/09

Departure Port of Shipment

7/04/09

Departure last Port of Transit

Arrival at Port of Destination

18/05/09

Departure from Port of Destination

18/05/09

Arrival at final Destination

19/05/09
    Last edited by afatboy; 20-02-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    You should be able to buy them from spare parts & fit/have them fitted.

May cost a little more but you'll have the proper factory units.

I had factory foglights fitted to my T4 Transporter by Trakka in Sydney, they didn't cost that much more.

Maris

VW sales said there are nothing they can do. Now I just have to purchase one and ask a garage to fit it. Will try to find out something about Trakka and see.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by afatboy View Post
    VW sales said there are nothing they can do. Now I just have to purchase one and ask a garage to fit it. Will try to find out something about Trakka and see.
    TRAKKA won't do it ask they only deal with campervans.

Your Dealer will be able to, so why not ask the salesperson who sold you the Tiguan to do you a deal on retro fitting? Nothing to loose. If they won't come to the party, ring around other Dealers.

Maris

Fogs

See thread below on driving lights.

I wouldn't consider it would be too late to add these to your order, I would try again and insist that you want them. IMO the dealer is being a bit lazy because I very much doubt that it couldn't be done if they press the right buttons. Then again after recent dealings myself with VW (Australia) there's always the possibility that making any changes now could end up seeing the wrong model VW turn up as your order so it might be safer to have them fitted once you get it.

Russ
    Last edited by Russ59; 21-02-2009 at 06:22 AM.
    Russ

2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 R Premium

I fitted them to mine see

http://www.mytiguan.com/viewtopic.ph...5357&hilit=fog

or http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...ad.php?t=23945

No big deal, just a hassle getting them from GB etc but perfectly doable.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Russ59 View Post
    I wouldn't consider it would be too late to add these to your order, I would try again and insist that you want them. IMO the dealer is being a bit lazy because I very much doubt that it couldn't be done if they press the right buttons. Then again after recent dealings myself with VW (Australia) there's always the possibility that making any changes now could end up seeing the wrong model VW turn up as your order so it might be safer to have them fitted once you get it.

Russ
    I try and they insist they cannot do anything....

Quote Originally Posted by WEDEL.1 View Post

Your Dealer will be able to, so why not ask the salesperson who sold you the Tiguan to do you a deal on retro fitting? Nothing to loose. If they won't come to the party, ring around other Dealers.

Maris
    The only problem with dealers is that they'll ONLY do it "to the book", that is with all the factory wiring, switches, etc etc. I got an "estimate" from the dealer to fit front fogs to mine and they wanted at least $1600 !! I did it myself for under $500 wired and working. IN NZ it's a $600 option on new so I'm pretty darn happy. The only issue you have fitting them yourself is where you wire them to switch wise. In NZ we have a rear fog as standard so we just put in a relay off that switch and wired the front through that relay but powered direct from the battery. That way ALL my fogs turn on together and I didn't have any problems with the computer "finding" too high a loading on that circuit. Works like a charm for me BUT if you don't have a rear fog already fitted you'd either have to get the correct replacement light switch and have it all coded etc OR wire a separate switch somewhere.

Guess the other option, if you don't really NEED fogs but just want "the look", would be to get some standard fogs that would look OK and just do a "No8 fencing wire" job to make it "appear" as if you have fogs when it's just the reflector, bulb and glass "stuck" in the hole.

Other thing to remember is that the Tig is a relatively NEW model and a lot of this gear will become more available over time.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    2022 R-Line Golf Mk8 in Kings Red Metallic
    Previously 3 Tiguans 2008, 2013, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NZTiguan View Post
    In NZ we have a rear fog as standard so we just put in a relay off that switch and wired the front through that relay but powered direct from the battery. That way ALL my fogs turn on together and I didn't have any problems with the computer "finding" too high a loading on that circuit.
    Cheers
    In Oz we have the fog as standard as well...

thanks, Derek for your always very informative posts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast