Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flappy paddles steering wheel in Tiguan.

Users Country Flag

Very cool.

Also, I like the disclaimer at the start.

Users Country Flag
    very good write up.

But for a new/modern car, i would leave the job for the pro. better than stuff up myself.

that would be on the list after APR stage 1 on my Tig. it would be nice to go with R wheel... same power as R with APR but just heavier... lol
    MK1 Golf convertible

Users Country Flag
    @Ryan_R did you get that wheel fitted and how is it?

TroyBoy71
    2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline, Indium Grey with R-Line Pack

Wheel is awesome - did it with a friend (getting the airbag out is recommended as a 2 person job)

Users Country Flag
    Ryan R
    Mate 'scuse my ignorance,but when the new wheel is shipped to you complete,why wud you have to remove the airbag[from either??]
    On that uk website you provided as a link, the ad says that the wheel is complete,paddles wiring airbag etc
    Am i mssing something here??
    Phil
    Candyweiss 2010 TDI Dsg 7 speed box.Headlight covers,weather shields,mudflaps front and rear,towbar, led parkers,Nudge bar with Liteforce spots, Rhino sports roof bars.Rear side curtains and so it goes on.Now with R mfsw with paddles.That's it folks.
    Beautiful Honda VTR1000 Firestorm,black as.

Users Country Flag
    You have to remove the airbag to get to the bolt which holds the steering wheel on.

More specifically the "two person job" isn't really removing the airbag. It's removing the "horn / airbag cover" which can be a royal PITA on MK6 Golf era steering wheels.

Users Country Flag
    Corey R Super Mod.
    Thanks for that mate,fully understand now.I would love this mod for my Tig.Paddles make the whole thing work I think.
    Regards
    Phil.
    Candyweiss 2010 TDI Dsg 7 speed box.Headlight covers,weather shields,mudflaps front and rear,towbar, led parkers,Nudge bar with Liteforce spots, Rhino sports roof bars.Rear side curtains and so it goes on.Now with R mfsw with paddles.That's it folks.

Yes, you have to try to see the clips and undo them (need a mirror or phone camera) to get the horn off, airbag pops out as well. Then undo the bolt, take the wheel off, and keep the steering bolt dead straight, and put the new wheel on in the same position as you took the old one off, otherwise you might find the car turns left when the wheel is straight, etc. Then just put everything back on and change the code with VCDS.

Keep the new airbag with the new wheel. Was a slightly different shape in my case anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

There's a few wheels available here, just make sure to ask for the DSG one:

EOM VW STEERING WHEEL GOLF EOS SCIROCCO PASSAT POLO rns 510 | eBay

I bought my wheel through that Ebay seller. He was very good to deal with.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag

Ryan R
    Thanks for that new e bay link,that seller's price is quite a bit better than the uk website.They [uk site]have not bothered to reply to my email,so i think will give them a miss and go with the above ebay link.Thanks for your help.Also to Brendan A.
    phil.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast