Support VWWC

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Flappy paddles steering wheel in Tiguan.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by NIC01Q View Post
    Thanks kamold and Aussietig. Saved me hundreds of dollars and less headaches.

If anyone is interested there’s a polo gti steering wheel with airbag intact located in sydney for $200 on gumtree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still have a Mk7 flappy paddle steering wheel lying around somewhere if anybody is interested. Prepared to sell that for a loss!

But more for those with 2nd Generation Tig, which I thought I would be upgrading to, when I decided to buy it (at the time) in advance of its release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    How important is the earth cable from the horn casing to the back of airbag in the tig? My 2012 tig airbag has it but seems like the mk6 gti airbags don't.

What is it for and how would it affect operation if I were to install one without the earth wire?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    All installed

Golf R MK6 DSG 2011

Airbag part # 5K0 880 201 L 81U

It came assembled with the correct harness as well, but had the older style clip plug to clock-spring. The only difference is between the yellow plugs from the older and new version is that the Older version is Spring loaded locking clip and the newer versions just have a plastic clip lock design.

DSG shifters work with simply one click long coding on obdeleven under the Steering Column control module.

Very nice swap over

Flappy paddles  steering wheel in Tiguan.-airbag-jpg

Flappy paddles  steering wheel in Tiguan.-image-jpg

Users Country Flag

I was lucky to pick up a Passat steering wheel off some one who worked at a dealer. as someone bought the Passat but wanted the flat bottom wheel , i picked it up for $300 in 2015 and installed it my self a friend coded it to the car , a very cheap upgrade ,

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223