Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's here!! Rez's new Tig

Users Country Flag

It's here!! Rez's new Tig

After a long wait the Tig is finally here. Supposed to pick her up on Friday but since we had public holiday, funds didn't clear on time.

Didn't get to drive her until later tonight, oh boy it was worth the wait!! The DSG is phenomenal, well mated to the engine, very nimble and lite. I only test drove the 6spd auto back on September, I thought it was ok, nothing special, but DSG totally transform the car .

For comparison, the other sports car I've driven before is C63 AMG. The power delivery on the AMG is mind-blowing, you can't possibly drive this car slow...ever! While the engine is god-like, the transmission is ordinary, a bit slow and hesitant.

The Tig on the other hand, power delivery is exhilarating, the engine is an absolute blast, very willing and have I mentioned the DSG??

Not really apple to apple but you get the idea, both car put the same smile in my face, which matter most. I did once drove a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, which put it closer to Tig in comparison, the only impressive thing is the engine, tons of pulling power, but everything else is just ordinary, ride is very firm and just bloody big.

IMO, this is probably the best balance that a car can have. Well done VW.

I'll do more review on other aspect of the car once I spend more time with her.

Have some plan for the car for the next few years, going to take it slowly.
    For reference, I will attached picture of the last car that I modded, similar style will be implemented but will emphasize more on the performance side.

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the Tig! Great colour, what model did you get? We've got a 125TSI with a slosh box and you're absolutely right, it's terrible compared to the DSG.

What mods are you planning? You should defs come along to our next Euro meet (judging by your plate surround, you're a local?) so the other Tig boys don't feel so left out
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Nice Tig there ...

If you think the power is good now, the experience you'll get when its got some APR magic is unbelieveable ....

Like the C-Class you've got there in the garage as well ..... its 1 of my favourite cars atm ..... Guy from APR does DMS as well, and will have a chip for that as well should you need it ...

And BTW, facelifted C63 AMGs now come with SLS' 7spd DualClutch as well (yet to hit Australia though) so no more slush ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Awesome, another Tig owner in QLD.
    Hopefully we can get you to attend some of the euro meet's so i am not the only Tig owner there

If you got a petrol model and are after a bit more from the Tig the Ecu remap, lowering springs and a solid rear sway bar will definitely imrpove the already amazing capabilities of this car.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    maca: It's 125TSI, I have a view of APRing the Tig from the beggining, it makes more sense to me .

APR chip is on the top of the list, swaybar as well. A bit reluctant to change the wheels (it's ugly, need to go), but I have a baby coming out and Tig will be the workhorse, need to keep it comfy for the little one . When I get the chance to change the wheels, it will be either Omanyt or Savanna wheels, in 19. Those wheels are classy, one of the best OEM wheel I've seen so far.

I think I'll add skid plate as well just to complete the look.

Oh yeah, need to upgrade the sound system, wife is complaining about it :p. I did have a Dynaudio splits (aftermarket) on my old C class, going to do some research and will most likely do the upgrade myself, still have some good audio gear laying around. If I can pull apart a C-class, Tig shouldn't be a problem, right??

Sharkie: Don't provoke me, the dust just barely settled :p

C63 with DualClutch?? Wow, need to poke my salesman to see if he let me borrow one of those.

team_v: Rear way bar is on the shopping list already. A bit reluctant doing the spring change, based on my previous car, i did swapped the spring in the beggining but ended up with a Coilover. Ride on the lowered spring is ok but choppy. Coilover on the other hand, it's firm and noisy somewhat but very smooth.

maca & team_v: So what's the schedule for the Euro meet? would love to attend the meet once in a while.

Users Country Flag
    The Euro meet is a monthly event out at Hamilton.
    I am sure someone will make up a thread with the date and time soon as it is February now.
    Normally Drew does it but his internet is down.

If you are after comfort i wouldn't go anything over 18" wheels.
    You can still get some nice looking ones in that size and you get a bigger sidewall to reduce the feel of the bumps transferring through the car.
    Coilovers would be interesting, i know H&R do a kit for the tig and it looks ace but i am enjoying the elvated ride height at the moment so i am not going to do suspension work yet.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post

If you are after comfort i wouldn't go anything over 18" wheels.
    You can still get some nice looking ones in that size and you get a bigger sidewall to reduce the feel of the bumps transferring through the car.
    I agree with team_v - I got the New Yorks with Eagle F1's and it is borderline on the comfort/sporty side of things. The wife likes it because she hates cars that ride too smooth because they make her car sick...
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI | Pearl Black | Manual | Comfort Pack | Kamei Eyelids | MDI | Not Leather | Rubber Floor Mats | Kids | Random Spillage | VWWatercooled Sticker | APR stage I | H & R springs | ECB nudge bar

Users Country Flag
    I just received an email from ECS saying they have Passat CC reps in stock in both 18 and 19 inch. Well priced at $699 for the 19s iirc.
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Spent a bit more time yesterday driving the Tig. Spirited driving I must say , car was fully warmed up of course.

For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to find a good seating position. It's getting there but I still find myself making minor adjustment on the go, thank god for electric seat. Don't get me wrong, the seat is fantastic, supportive and well appointed. Just can't get that perfect position.

Love the mk6 steering wheel, chunky and feels luxurious. IMO, better than the one they put in the C-class.

Xenon is excellent, I was under the impression that it can swivel, instead they put a secondary halogen bulb which lights up whenever the car is approaching the corner. One quirk, tested high beam while light switch is '0', to my surprise the xenon came to life, hmmm this will reduce the life of the bulb drastically (xenon needs few minutes to fully warmed up), is there a way to reprogram this? I have to try this during daytime to see if it does the same.

Question for those with DSG, whenever coasting down to stop in the traffic light, the box seems to make some sort of mechanical noise. This is in manual mode and when the box shift itself down to 1st gear. If I shift it to 1st manually it doesn't make that noise. Similar noise is also made during reverse up on an angle. Anyone experience the same thing?

Users Country Flag

Regarding the gearbox, I recall my neighbours TSI Golf doing something similar, something like a bit of a clunk or similar?
    MY10 Tiguan 125TSI | Pearl Black | Manual | Comfort Pack | Kamei Eyelids | MDI | Not Leather | Rubber Floor Mats | Kids | Random Spillage | VWWatercooled Sticker | APR stage I | H & R springs | ECB nudge bar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast