Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Tiguan have a color MFD?

Does Tiguan have a color MFD?

When I picked up my Tiguan last year, all indication seemed to show a white MFD.

So anyway, just the other day, I got a warning to check OIL Level. And there was a new icon - an engine oil icon but it is in ORANGE and it appears at the same line as where the Clock display is on the MFD. I thought that was odd cos the Clock has always been in white.

So is there a secret code to enable color in the MFD?

Users Country Flag
    As far as I am aware all warning icons are orange.
    If you have a white display you can't activate colour mfd through a VCDS change etc you have to buy one from overseas and get it installed = pricey.

I thought all the warning lights came on when you switched the ignition on.

Also the colour display shows open doors in red so if your open door is white you'll most likely have a white MFD.

The warning icon appeared in the same space as where the clock display was on the MFD. The icon is in orange which was odd for me since the clock display is in white.

Next time you see it, snap a pic with your phone & post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
    Next time you see it, snap a pic with your phone & post it.
    I am not hoping to get another warning

I wasn't even thinking about the color MFD when it popped up. It was only later that I realized the color.

Here's what the MFD normally looks like. The clock is shown in a white font.

Here's the icon in orange over where the clock used to be.

I can only think of it either being the oil or coolant levels are low?

I know what it means but it is in color

Users Country Flag

I see your point. What I am wandering is the resolution of the screen. Probably a full colour MFD has a better resolution. Probably existing MFD in our cars has the ability to show some colour information as white consists with mix of RGB? But to be a true colour MFD it may want to have precision control of RGB values ( probably to a multi bit resolution ) That means more advance graphics controller, more memory and probably a new graphics LCD as well.
    Last edited by Ramee; 21-09-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast