Thread: Dieselgate Payout

Users Country Flag

Dieselgate Payout

I haven't been on here of late as i now own a Navara NP300 , But i received an email yesterday from the Solicitors handling the claim for compensation , Now originally i thought the payout was going to be $1400 ,but yesterday i was informed i would be getting $000 , So i hope those who joined the claim get there payout soon .should be at the start of March .
    Last edited by ian; 14-04-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I haven't been on here of late as i now own a Navara NP300 , But i received an email yesterday from the Solicitors handling the claim for compensation , Now originally i thought the payout was going to be $1400 ,but yesterday i was informed i would be getting $3,565 , So i hope those who joined the claim get there payout soon .should be at the start of March .
    Which you signed a confidentiality document to get it and here you are spouting forth on a public forum

You did well and I didnt get quite that for a 2010 Passat so what vehicle did you have.

Its already April and most of us DID get it in mid March (last month)

Maybe you are with Bannister Law who stuffed up their paperwork and so payments were delayed.

Perhaps you should edit your post eh
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Which you signed a confidentiality document to get it and here you are spouting forth on a public forum

You did well and I didnt get quite that for a 2010 Passat so what vehicle did you have.

Its already April and most of us DID get it in mid March (last month)

Maybe you are with Bannister Law who stuffed up their paperwork and so payments were delayed.

Perhaps you should edit your post eh
    I made a mistake payments will be released from 8th May according to Maurice Blackburn
    i Had the 2015 2.0 diesel Tiguan, a great economical car , but sold it last year for $22,500 about half price of the original cost , I remember some here who weren't interested in joining the class action and that why more is available for those who signed up ,

Users Country Flag
    I made a mistake payments will be released from 8th May according to Maurice Blackburn
    i Had the 2015 2.0 diesel Tiguan, a great economical car , but sold it last year for $22,500 about half price of the original cost , I remember some here who weren't interested in joining the class action and that why more is available for those who signed up ,
    Strange the majority have had it for over 4 weeks and we were told NOT to disclose what we got. I got mine on 11th March

Number of claimants made no difference to the outcome and in fact the time to join was extended by the Judge to allow for the tardy ones to get snouts in the trough and therefore we possibly got LESS than had it closed when it should have.

I would suggest you remove your payment amount from your post or you may not get it for contravening your agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Strange the majority have had it for over 4 weeks and we were told NOT to disclose what we got. I got mine on 11th March

Number of claimants made no difference to the outcome and in fact the time to join was extended by the Judge to allow for the tardy ones to get snouts in the trough and therefore we possibly got LESS than had it closed when it should have.

I would suggest you remove your payment amount from your post or you may not get it for contravening your agreement
    AS i haven't received any money as yet , i didn't get a to sign any agreement , but might get one before the
    money is released ?

Users Country Flag
    if you've been informed that you'll be getting a payment and haven't been made aware of let alone signed a non disclosure, then that's their problem. Talk away. Nothing wrong with a bit of transparency in this day and age. Don't really get why you should be bending over backwards to protect their lack of integrity when no one has told you that you should be.

Users Country Flag
    AS i haven't received any money as yet , i didn't get a to sign any agreement , but might get one before the
    money is released ?
    The settlement notice said this and you had to accept it digitally to conform your details etc

If you are eligible to receive a settlement payment, then you will be contacted about providing your payment details and other information by Maurice Blackburn as soon as practicable after all claims registered by Australian motorists have been assessed and individual settlement payments have been calculated in accordance with the approved methodology. We expect this to occur around February 2021.

When you have been instructed by Maurice Blackburn to do so, you can log-in to your account using this website to provide your payment details and other information. In order to receive a settlement payment, you will need to:

Nominate an Australian or overseas bank account to receive your settlement payment by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
    Agree to release the Volkswagen Group from legal claims relating to the diesel emissions issue and to keep your settlement payment confidential

Prior to that I got a "Release and Undertaking" notice which I had to accept and sign on Jan 27th and so from that time on everything was confidential.

ALL claimants would have had to do the same

You can still go into your account and check all these details.

All emails were confidential to sender and recipient as well right from the start.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 14-04-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    if you've been informed that you'll be getting a payment and haven't been made aware of let alone signed a non disclosure, then that's their problem. Talk away. Nothing wrong with a bit of transparency in this day and age. Don't really get why you should be bending over backwards to protect their lack of integrity when no one has told you that you should be.
    It is part of the agreement that you sign both at the beginning and when you are notified of the payment amount. You may think otherwise but it is strange then that despite quite a number on here getting a payout everyone else has stood by the agreement and not mentioned the amount.. Signing and then breaching a confidentiality agreement can come with legal ramifications. This is the one and only contravention I have seen and could be the undoing of the payment if they want to get nasty.

Users Country Flag
    no kidding

I checked my bank account today and the money had been transferred , thanks VW