Thread: Diesel Gate Claims

Users Country Flag

Diesel Gate Claims

I've been informed that VW Australia is agreed to pay out all claims in regards to the Diesel Gate Scandal
    I received a email from Maurice Blackburn telling me that I had been approved for the Refund, the amount depends on the number of claims ,
    So if you owned an effected vehicle now is the time to lodge an application , the Vehicle must of been owned by you prier to 2015,
    could be as much as $1400.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I've been informed that VW Australia is agreed to pay out all claims in regards to the Diesel Gate Scandal
    I received a email from Maurice Blackburn telling me that I had been approved for the Refund, the amount depends on the number of claims ,
    So if you owned an effected vehicle now is the time to lodge an application , the Vehicle must of been owned by you prier to 2015,
    could be as much as $1400.
    Be aware that if you received the standard settlement letter you have to REREGISTER at the link in the email , if you dont you wont get paid,
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Be aware that if you received the standard settlement letter you have to REREGISTER at the link in the email , if you dont you wont get paid,
    I've done all that and its all up to how many register , I've had to supply 2014/2015 Registration papers tp prove ownership in 2015

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I've done all that and its all up to how many register , I've had to supply 2014/2015 Registration papers tp prove ownership in 2015
    Hmmm I dint have to and I got a verification email to say all was good I dont have any papers or the car any more

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    As long as you verified that you owned the car in 2015. I supplied the insurance papers and rego for 2015 .

Users Country Flag
    I got a letter from Skoda and read it as I curious about the outcome. The formula for payout isn't as simple as saying it will depend on the number of claims.

-estimated average payout - $1400 (dependent on number of claims)
    -individual payout is dependent on the age and initial value of the vehicle eg the owner of a 2009 Audi Q5 will receive less than the owner of a 2015 model (depreciation). Similarly the owner of a 2014 Polo will receive less than the owner of a 2014 Passat (initial value). The actual condition of individual cars is not considered.
    -if the vehicle was subject to an operating lease only both the lessee and lessor may be entitles to a payment. If it was a finance or novated lease only the lessee(driver) is entitled.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    I got a letter from Skoda and read it as I curious about the outcome. The formula for payout isn't as simple as saying it will depend on the number of claims.

-estimated average payout - $1400 (dependent on number of claims)
    -individual payout is dependent on the age and initial value of the vehicle eg the owner of a 2009 Audi Q5 will receive less than the owner of a 2015 model (depreciation). Similarly the owner of a 2014 Polo will receive less than the owner of a 2014 Passat (initial value). The actual condition of individual cars is not considered.
    -if the vehicle was subject to an operating lease only both the lessee and lessor may be entitles to a payment. If it was a finance or novated lease only the lessee(driver) is entitled.
    Yes I had a very expensive Passat Highline wagon with everything $61K worth and I wont get any more than a pov pack owner of same model

Users Country Flag

Update Received 5 mins ago. DELAYED PAYOUT till FEB 2021

WHY

Because of all the tardy ones who didnt register in time and the court has taken pity on them and allowed registration up till end of October.

Now amount has to be reassessed and claims verified as to eligibility

Also VW has 60 days after finalisation to cough up the amount finally worked out.