Thread: Clicking noise?

Clicking noise?

Hi, recently started to hear a clicking noise upon acceleration.
    I can hear it in Park when I press the accelerator and can hear it in drive.
    It’s harder to hear when driving but I’m pretty sure it’s clicking. Only when accelerator is pressed
    Anyone heard of this or had the same problem?

Users Country Flag
    1) Is it a fast clicking or slow clicking?

2) Is it across the whole rev range or only at specific RPM's?

3) Is it louder when the car is cold or warm (or is it the same?)

Reason I ask is my tig makes a rattling noise on acceleration when in gear and coming on boost. It's louder when the car is cold and the noise tends to fade a bit once it warms up.
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Users Country Flag
    What engine?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    1) Is it a fast clicking or slow clicking?

2) Is it across the whole rev range or only at specific RPM's?

3) Is it louder when the car is cold or warm (or is it the same?)

Reason I ask is my tig makes a rattling noise on acceleration when in gear and coming on boost. It's louder when the car is cold and the noise tends to fade a bit once it warms up.
    I also have that problem but I know it’s the actuator rod on the turbo.
    I have installed the clip to get rid of that noise but it only worked for a couple months. The clip may have stretched because the annoying bike chain noise has returned. I will reinstall a new clip and see if it works permanently.
    My clicking noise has something todo with the accelerator, I think. It’s not a constant clicking. It’s like a clicking of a pen and only when I press accelerator in and out. Will try to add a small video.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk View Post
    I also have that problem but I know it’s the actuator rod on the turbo.
    I have installed the clip to get rid of that noise but it only worked for a couple months. The clip may have stretched because the annoying bike chain noise has returned. I will reinstall a new clip and see if it works permanently.
    My clicking noise has something todo with the accelerator, I think. It’s not a constant clicking. It’s like a clicking of a pen and only when I press accelerator in and out. Will try to add a small video.
    Did you install the clip yourself? I just ordered one and I'm sussing out the DIY route.

I'm stumped re: clicking I'm afraid.
    MY11 Tiguan 125TSI | 4Motion | DSG | APR Stage 2 | GolfR IC | HF turbo outlet + throttle pipes | CAI | 3" DP

Ceres_mining_co's Tiguan build

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres_mining_co View Post
    Did you install the clip yourself? I just ordered one and I'm sussing out the DIY route.

I'm stumped re: clicking I'm afraid.
    I’ve got a 4 motion so it’s too hard to do it yourself. You need to remove the driveshaft in order to get to the turbo. Unless you have a hoist, get someone else todo it.