Support VWWC

Thread: CC and exhaust

Users Country Flag

CC and exhaust

I’m looking to replace my cat converter (partially blocked) and while I’m at it thinking of increasing the exhaust diameter and retaining the stock muffler. ESC tuning has some decently priced aftermarket units. 2013 Tiguan 155kW 4 motion, stock, no tune and not looking to. Thoughts? Anyone else change exhaust?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Replaced the exhaust down pipe from exhaust header to first muffler. Really good price and I’m pleased with the quality of the product and fit. Sourced from Empire Performance Parts Online | Exhausts | Intercoolers | Brakes. So the stock has 2 cats, I had to cut the stock exhaust to remove the first bulbous cat from the engine bay rather than below. My suspicions were confirmed as segments of the catalyst matrix had broken off and some had melted. My guess is when the fuel pump was leaking gas into the oil that the system was running very rich causing unbury fuel to fine its way onto the cat surfaces. The gasket supplied with the exhaust didn’t fit, slightly different pattern, but no worries I just reused my stock gasket. Mounts fit well, seals nicely with the supplied clamp. All in all a bit of a job as the down pipe bolts have restricted/tight access. New exhaust is 3” and there is just the slightest note added.