Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brake upgrades for the TIGUAN

Brake upgrades for the TIGUAN

I was thinking Endless MX72 pads and some steel braided brake hoses.

Do you know where I can get them done, either in Brisbane or in Sydney?

I was using these pads on my Nissan GT-R and they are pretty damn good. No squeal, no cold start problems.

Are there any bolt on upgrades for the car, i.e. not customised from other brands?

Users Country Flag
    You can get a big brake kit from ECStuning but it costs over 1k.

Your best bet would be to upgrade the pads to something ceramic and get some good quality brake fluid.
    For normal road use, the Tig stops perfectly and wil in some cases stop more suddenly than you are expecting due to the brake multiplier.

I would hit up GSLRallySport to see what they suggest.
    I know Aaron uses Hawk pads and thinks they are great.

I can't seem to find specific pads for the Tiguan. Do you know if the callipers and rotors use the same ones as for a Golf GTI?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    I can't seem to find specific pads for the Tiguan. Do you know if the callipers and rotors use the same ones as for a Golf GTI?
    Front Brake Size 312.0 mm
    Rear Brake Size 286.0 mm

Apparently GTI's prior to 2010 ran the same setup, after 2010 they changes the rears to 272mm.
    You would have to clarify that though.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

see here for the info i found:
    Improving mk6 brakes - Page 2
    Last edited by team_v; 06-03-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks. I will see if I can source the Endless pads. They are pretty damn good. I don't think a big brake kit is needed to be honest but I did find the test drive car a bit heavy.

I suspect brake lines, a flush/bleed and some good pads are all that's needed. Might do my wife's Golf 77TSI 1.2T too if I can

Users Country Flag
    I use ATE Ceramic pads in my wife and my daughter Tiguans, finally clean wheels, even after 4 weeks of driving, the wheels are actually cleaner than car. The pads are the same as in Golf 5/6

Users Country Flag
    If you cant find what your after Matt at Race Brakes in Sydney can have the pads you require laser cut from a set to suit another car. It use to cost the original set of pads plus about $60 for the cutting to suit whatever car you want

Thanks. But brakes are a big safety feature and I don't want to take a customized pad from another car.

But seeing as its a Golf VI size should be easier to source.

Thanks again guys. Man 6 months to go. Sigh

Does anyone know if this Brembo kit would fit the Tiguan? I currently have it installed on my TT but was thinking of transferring to the Tig if it fitted?

Brembo GT Junior Big Brake Kit (17"+ Wheels or Larger) - Audi TT Coupe and Audi TT Roadster Parts, Accessories, Styling and Performance Tuning
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Users Country Flag

We used them all the time. Quite often customers didnt want to wait and HAD to have the pads for their next track day so we had pads cut all the time. They were GTR's built for track use only and we never once had an issue with them.

Its something i am quite seriously considering. I wouldnt mind some DS2500's for the Tiguan and if they dont make them to suit i will get some made up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast