Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used Bridgestone D693 tyres?

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries

Anyone used Bridgestone D693 tyres?

Hi guys.

Have any of you ever used Bridgestone D692 tyres before? They are meant to be more All Terrain tyres which would be great for offroad use, but my concern is around their performance in the city. In particular I'm interested to know what they're like in the wet on tar, what road noise in them is like, and what sort of life I can expect out of them. They're about $70 a tyre less than the Dueler HP's I currently have fitted, which makes them attractive too, but I also noticed they are Aussie made - not sure if that has anything to do with it and whether that means any difference in quality.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Users Country Flag
    If they are designated for off-road use then the noise and wear would probably be worse than road tyres.

Just seeing if i can find a review

http://www.carbonblack.com.au/car-ty...eler-d693.aspx

http://www.carbonblack.com.au/car-ty...r-reviews.aspx

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+A%2FT+D693+II
    Last edited by team_v; 15-10-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Mate IMHO they are total CRAP.

Had them as standard issue on my last 4WD and they lasted 20,000kms with most driving on the tarmac and a few gentle trips in the bush.

If you want an all terrain 4WD tyre, then look at the BF Goodrich A/T. Don't be surprised about the price though. I have had several sets of these, Coopers, Goodyears and Mickey Thompsons but in the end it tends to be a personal choice depending on the terrain and frequency etc...
    2010 Candy White TDI Auto, black leather, bi-Xenons + fogs, DVD plus other gadgets and gizmos to keep the kids quiet!

Users Country Flag
    I just read the Road Ahead mag and they had an article on Cooper CS4 tyres saying they are lasting 2x longer than stock tyres on most cars.
    Might want to have a look at them for roadies.

Coopers site:
    http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/index.htm
    Last edited by team_v; 15-10-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    I just read the Road Ahead mag and they had an article on Cooper CS4 tyres saying they are lasting 2x longer than stock tyres on most cars.
    Might want to have a look at them for roadies.

Coopers site:
    http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/index.htm
    That is interesting. And fairly nice looking tyres too IMO. Thanks for that.

Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
    That is interesting. And fairly nice looking tyres too IMO. Thanks for that.
    No problems.
    I just read about them at lunch, didn't even know about them before that lol.

Shame they won't fit on the 18's i want but i could wrap the stock 16's in a set for soft-roading.

4wd Monthly AT Tyre test

Though Carbon black may help you I try to get 'professional' advice on how tyres perform. We bought replacement tyres for our small car based on Choice magazine's review and it their top tyre made a big difference to the on road performance of the car, by far exceeding the standard tyre. Thus you might like to look at 4wd Monthly's AT tyre test. Whilst this article serves as a guide, its validity for the Tiguan is effected by the difference in vehicle, tyre size and so on. Further the the Tig's tyre size is somewhat odd for an AT tyre and the top tyre & in fact most of the top tyres in the test are not produced in the Tig's standard 16" rim size.

Users Country Flag
    Dean, I would get Bridgestones,

Our Forester came originally on Bridgestone D694 tyres and they lasted over 50,000km. Tread pattern is similar to D693 and tyre has the same features as D694 (as per Bridgestone website). D694 are superbly quiet and have good handling.
    I tried Pirellis twice and at 148,000km on the Forester I bought Bridgestone D694 again, 3 weeks ago,
    (the last set of tyres for that car).

All Bridgestone tyres are tested in Japan before they can make them here. Bridgestone is also making some (or all) tyres for Bob Jane.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant find LandTig! So looks like the Pirelli Scorpion AT would be idea except you can't get them in 215/65R16. Seems you can get the Scorpion ATR in a 225/70R16 which will have a larger diameter but not be too far off, although it’s quite a different tread to the one reviewed.

Although the Cooper Discoverer ST-C ranked second, their bitumen performance is a bit of a put-off for me.

I just can’t convince myself to buy a set of Kumho’s over Japanese rubber, even if they did rank third overall. Besides, the same bitumen performance argument that I have with the Coopers comes into play. I could only find the Road Venture KL78, not the KL41 reviewed, and they don’t have anything that’ll fit my Tig anyway.

The Michelin LTX A/T look very attractive to me, but damn they have a hefty price tag compared with the others too! Also seems the closest fit for the Tig would be the P235/70R16 which are really pushing the outer limit of the 6.5” wide rims.

So it seems the Bridgestone Dueler D694 isn’t a bad option and is available in a 225/70R16 which will fit OK. Not sure what the difference between the D694 and the D693 is other than the size options and the fact that the 694 is not made in Aus. Seems to support your advice Miro so thanks for that.

Users Country Flag

Pirelli Scorpion were very noisy mate, I took them of the car at 45,000km I couldn't stand the noise. I sold them for $50 each, they still had 40% tread remaining, very durable but very noisy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast