Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 tiguan RNS510

Users Country Flag

2015 tiguan RNS510

Hi my RNS510 head unit was stolen and wanted to find out if I was to get another one and fit it would i have to configure it to the car in anyway or is it just plug in ready to go? what is the method

Users Country Flag
    no if your car has been already coded its just plug and play how did they steal it did they smash a window ?

Users Country Flag
    The rns may need to be coded to match the accessories in your car eg rvc etc

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I wonder if you could upgrade to the new MY2016 headunit with carplay and android auto?
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

Users Country Flag
    It's a totally different kettle of fish, not retrofittable to previous platform. If carplay is important get a Pioneer or similar double din unit

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I bought the car from auction. I have confirmed with vw dealer the car was equipped with rns510 from factory. I want to confirm rns510 would just be plug in and good to go or involves progamming.

Users Country Flag
    There is plenty on Ebay you can buy if you have a Reversing camera you will need one with the input at the back my Tiguan came with a RCD 510 swapped it over to a RNS 510 and every thing worked except the Steering wheel navigation , RVC all radio options worked
    Last edited by ian; 06-08-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Yes it should be good to go however there may be coding for full functionality.
    All rns have camera input as opposed to rcd.

Last edited by kamold; 06-08-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I have a MY14 155tsi which came with a RCD 510(??). What are my options with upgrading to satnav & rvc?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

The sat navigation RNS 510 is the easiest choice its a straight swap but you will have to get it coded , It will work and it can be used by using the touch screen ,But if you want the steering wheel controls to work there is always some one on here that will do it for a small payment depending on where you live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast