Thread: 2010 tiguan front end swap to facelift

2010 tiguan front end swap to facelift

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times, which I feel it would have been but I'm new here and I couldn't find it .

I want to swap my 2010 Tiguans front end to the facelift style. As far as I'm aware the guards and bonnet are the same so I'll just need to source the bumper, grills and headlights... I think?

Is there anything else to it that I need to be aware of, are the electrical plugs/connectors the same on both headlights or will I need to cut my existing leads off and solder the facelifts in?

Any other information or advice is greatly appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LOWGUAN View Post
    Is there anything else to it that I need to be aware of...
    You will be making your Tiggy ugly (IMHO) 2010 tiguan front end swap to facelift
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Yeah I must admit I still am in 2 minds about it, the original front does look good when they're lowered which is next on the list, so the other thought was I could just sand and fill the lower trims until they're smooth including the wheels arches and colour code them to help tidy everything up. In my opinion the black trim just makes it look 'higher'

This is what I mean, the car is sitting low as but you wouldn't know because of the black trim.
    Last edited by LOWGUAN; 17-06-2020 at 12:27 PM.