Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: VW POI - Australian Speed & Red Light Camera

Users Country Flag

ok, looks like they get built into a sqlite3 db... must need some sort of tool to generate the file.

Some of the camera datasets are kml (eg. red light cameras in QLD).. some are CSV (with just street name and suburb, missing postcodes). KML shouldn't be too hard to transform, but the CSV will need geo-coding.

If someone can find info on how to generate the data file, I may have a few cycles over the next few days/weeks to try scripting something up that can go into github or wherever... unless someone has already done that (kml to mib poi), will check first

VW POI - Australian Speed & Red Light Camera-du-png

VW POI - Australian Speed & Red Light Camera-poidata_db-png
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    ok, looks like they get built into a sqlite3 db... must need some sort of tool to generate the file.

Some of the camera datasets are kml (eg. red light cameras in QLD).. some are CSV (with just street name and suburb, missing postcodes). KML shouldn't be too hard to transform, but the CSV will need geo-coding.

If someone can find info on how to generate the data file, I may have a few cycles over the next few days/weeks to try scripting something up that can go into github or wherever... unless someone has already done that (kml to mib poi), will check first

VW POI - Australian Speed & Red Light Camera-du-png

VW POI - Australian Speed & Red Light Camera-poidata_db-png
    Well ive got the last one available and it isnt worth all that effort really as the maps have POI's in them which are adequate.

I used to like to have everything available but have given up worrying about it any more
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone have a POI for the MK7.5 DIscovery Pro they would be wiling to share plesse?

Regards

Users Country Flag
    Cannot find any free POI database anymore for cameras etc in Australia - Poidb used to be the source then use POInspector to transform the .kml files to upload to the Discover Pro, with icons and warning tone - I last did this end of 2020, but no longer possible with Poidb dead and gone.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay for the Aus data files from PocketGPSWorld.com, use POInspector and try to remember how I did it the first time!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfRWag View Post
    Cannot find any free POI database anymore for cameras etc in Australia - Poidb used to be the source then use POInspector to transform the .kml files to upload to the Discover Pro, with icons and warning tone - I last did this end of 2020, but no longer possible with Poidb dead and gone.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay for the Aus data files from PocketGPSWorld.com, use POInspector and try to remember how I did it the first time!
    Well it worked - after a few tries at the final step.

Paid the $ (20 euro) to GPS Pocket World to subscribe for the camera location files, downloaded the latest version of POInspect0r, paid the $ for full version (9 euro - worth it to allow more than 50 per category and custom icons etc) and followed the POInspect0r instructions.
    Here: Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras
    and here: POInspect0r

Mostly smooth - though 3 tries to get the new POI uploaded to the car.
    Found the USB stick format to ExFat 32kB cluster and keep in sibling folders as per this forum is the transfer that worked. Best to let POInspect0r upload the db3 file for you onto pre-formatted memory stick:
    Uploading Speed Camera (Safety Camera) & User POIs | SEATCUPRA.NET
    Both categories of personal POI's appeared on the upload to my Discover Pro and appeared on the map when selected.
    Last edited by GolfRWag; 09-01-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Users Country Flag
    This POI is not available? will it be corrected??

Users Country Flag
    Unlikely. I would use something like SCDB, it's cheap enough and worked fine in my previous Passat.

SCDB.info - The Worldwide Speed Camera Database
    2023 MY22 Arteon R-Line Shooting Brake
    2016 MY17 Golf 92TSI Comfortline Wagon
    Previous - 2019 MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanVXR8 View Post
    Unlikely. I would use something like SCDB, it's cheap enough and worked fine in my previous Passat.

SCDB.info - The Worldwide Speed Camera Database
    Has anyone tried this? For the price, it would be OK if it works.

Users Country Flag
    Worked fine on the MIB2 / Discover Pro in my 2018 Passat. Easy to upload, had all the cameras on the map that I encountered in NSW for example.

I can't use it any more as my Arteon doesn't support them.
    2023 MY22 Arteon R-Line Shooting Brake
    2016 MY17 Golf 92TSI Comfortline Wagon
    Previous - 2019 MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition

Users Country Flag

Cannot find any free POI database anymore for cameras etc in Australia. All links are dead. Can someone provide valid link for POI...?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast