Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VW MY11 Bluetooth - VW 9ZB

Users Country Flag

can we also make sunroofs and 18" standard in Oz?

I'd also like the APR stage 1 to come factory fitted
    Scirocco R - Candy White / DSG / Panoramic Roof / RNS510
    Mods - HPA ECU & DSG Stage 2 / VWR Racing Intake / Akrapovic Slip-On Titanium Tips / Milltek DP / HPA Mounts / Superpro LCA / H&R Sport Springs / VMR V710 19x8.5 / Michelin PSS 255-35

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by entice View Post
    FFS people,
    Why are we all getting excited about a $550 OPTION on a $50K car? It's ridiculous when you consider the hire car I had 6 months ago, a crappy corolla and a new festiva at $16K or whatever Ford were flogging them off for recently, comes with BT standard!!!

Such a basic feature, and the #$%^s charge $550 for it when it should be standard on all Aus production vehicles.

And yet, we all line up bent over the barrle wanting one.. including me....
    I can confirm that the Toyota Corolla Bluetooth is absolute rubbish. I currently own the current shape corolla, and the head unit is rubbish.

To sum the toyota unit up:

6 Stacker in Dash which is great! plays MP3's and the lot, great in that regard
    Sound Quality from the head unit is okay, not crap though.

Bluetooth is RUBBISH! the mic for the unit is on the face of the head unit! WAY WAY WAY away from your mouth. So the people that are talking to you, can bearly hear you!!! all they hear is road roar!

You cannot change the sensitivity of the mic eaither!

I ended up getting a full touch screen GPS unit installed that worked with the steering wheel controls and a dedicated mic, and it is a HUGE MASSIVE improvement with absolutely everything. Including the sound quality that now gets sent to the speakers! for a 25K car, the sound quality is actually pretty damn good. And if you play the right song, the bass is not to shabby eaither. Considering price and all.

Its amaizng what a good quality headunit will do in a car.

But back onto this.

I agree 100% that VW have way way too many options for Bluetooth, and more then half of them are absolutely rubbish.

They should really only offer 2 (cheapy one, which will do the basics of hang up and calling) and the Skoda kit.

Im hoping that the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 are able to sync contacts to the unit or ill be pissed!!!
    MK6 GTI 3 Door - Candy White - DSG - Sunroof - 18" Detroit - ACC - PA - RC - MDI - BT - RNS510.

Users Country Flag
    you're all missing my point.
    On a 50K car, it remains an option. In an environment whereby communication is paramount, and constabulary laws prohibit use of a mobile (ie non fixed/Cradled) device, one would assume that the manufacturer of a premium product would provide a standard feature for the integration of a device that almost everyone carries.
    once you have a car with it, I dont believe you go back.
    My last 4 cars prior all had BT on them. the 2 prior have factory fitted BT units. both were standard. The Saab's one was voice activated and actually worked brilliantly. The Subaru outback premium Satnav is a bit twitchy, but is also a very good unit.
    In an environment where you are paying a premium price for a premium vehicle (c.f. a Corolla) you would expect premium features/fitout.
    Furtehr, with an almost 8-12mth (as I have been advised this monday) wait on ANY new ordered Golf (as apparantly all Aus production has been accounted for for 2010), offerring it as a factory option would blow out wait times for most people. Granted, you could still chose from the plethora of options out there (as I have done, and am reasonably happy with).
    I am not arguing with you guys, just venting my frustration that such a useful tool is not standard fair on such a (touted) premium product.
    More opportunites have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision....

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Baby steps entice.
    They've got rid of the 3 or so tiered options ranging up to $2000+, and replaced it by a single option costing $550. I'm sure it will become standard eventually. But it's all relative, and nothing is free. It's not like you're really paying that much of a premium for a Golf, consider other comparable quality cars cost more (Audi A3, Mini Cooper, etc etc oh, and bluetooth is more expensive on them too).

They should just offer and fit the ferking Skoda kit, still VAG part numbers as if they can't order the parts and at least dealer fit them (which some are now).

Users Country Flag
    not disputing that at all, but as a golf owner, I cant wait till Opel products are available in Aus again... TBH, I really cant see the comparative price difference reflected in the quality between the 2. Granted, teh VW finish is nicer, but not THAt much nicer
    More opportunites have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision....

Just get a blueant device or something for $150 if you dont want total integration and flawless operation. Just my 2c!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Not much chance of that happening. According the Holden, their customers can't tell the difference between the German Opel cars and the Korean Daewoo's, because their sales have either not changed or increased since switching to Korean, so even though some customers and press are keen to the Opel cars back, Holden has no plans.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rig View Post
    Just get a blueant device or something for $150 if you dont want total integration and flawless operation. Just my 2c!
    except for when you forget to switch it off, teh car is in teh garage, and you're in teh house and you cant work out why you cannot hear the caller on the line....

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    Not much chance of that happening. According the Holden, their customers can't tell the difference between the German Opel cars and the Korean Daewoo's, because their sales have either not changed or increased since switching to Korean, so even though some customers and press are keen to the Opel cars back, Holden has no plans.
    and that's a damn shame.
    i've owned a total of 5 Astra's from convertible, to 2.2L hatch, to diesel, to wagon. And I can honestly say that they were an undervalued car... BT on them only worked if teh headunit was on.
    I wonder what the go is with all the VW BT options. I havent tried to see if my fiscon unit works even if the RNS is switched off.. On the Saab, if the audio was switched off, the phone still worked perfectly through the car's audio unit. Having teh phone work with the audio unit switched off (as I sometimes leave it off if I want to enjoy the drive) would be a nice feature...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast