Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RNS510 upgrades, repairs incl. coding. Who can help.

Users Country Flag

RNS510 upgrades, repairs incl. coding. Who can help.

I'm starting this thread for members who aren't comfortable with installing or upgrading their RNS510. Those of you who are willing to help, post your details in this thread and I will coppy them to this post and delete the post bellow, keeping it short and informative.

ADELAIDE - Transporter, MRL Automotive Service (mobile service). Installing Audio Units, RNS - RCD510 RVC, MDI, BT and more. I can upgrade, install and retrieve your RNS510 lost PIN or bricked units (if possible). If you installing into older MK5 Golf and other that could have a battery drain issue I can software upgreade your Can Gateway, just like the VW dealer would/could (no need to buy a new one or remove it out of car), it's faster and cheaper too and at the same time your whole car is checked for any software update available, and can upgrade on the spot if needed. # 0412 084 463 or mrlautomotive@gmail.com

BRISBANE & SUNSHINE COAST - Audi VW Upgrades - On-line Store + Installation & Coding Services for VW, Audi & Skoda Owners;Genuine VW RNS 510, Genuine VW Cameras, VW Bluetooth kits, MDI kits, LED Tail Lights, Odometers, LED DRLs & Headlights, CAN gateways, RNS 510 repairs, diagnostics & VIM service. Also retrieve your lost PIN & SW upgrades, Chip Tuning Re-maps www.JKU.com.au #0447 200 200

BRISBANE - readerr0r. Can do VCDS tweaks, BT Installs, RCD/RNS Installs, RNS510 SSD/HDD swap, Maps and Firmware upgrades. Have a Genuine HEX+Can and have had experience with Mk5 Golf, T5.5 Transporter. Specialize in 6R Polo (can do BT Touchscreen removal and Add Auto Lights).

Melbourne - Buckets, have retrofitted RNS and RCD, CAN gateway, Bluetooth and MDI, have the RossTech Micro CAN cable for coding same.

Hobart - Lunchboxgti, Can fit RNS510, Pop out badge camera (or any other VW 26 pin camera that works with RCD/RNS510)
    have full vag com cable with hexcan. ther will be a price but ill beat any other quote buy a fair margin especially VW dealers. PM for price

PERTH - VDUBMECH87, Volkswagen trained mechanic. Can fit a range of accessories, just ordered and awaiting arrival of my new laptop and genuine VWG diag connection.

SYDNEY - Kamold. Can retrofit RNS510, bluetooth, upgrade RNS510 HDD size, or to SSD. Upgrade firmware, maps. VCDS scans, tweaks etc. Have installed license plate RVC, AS7609, LED interiors etc.
    Last edited by Transporter; 19-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It would be nice guys, if you use the same style text as Kamold and I did. It makes copying text to the first post a lot easier.
    Also, if you want, put the link in your user name to your user profile and change the color of the font to blue (it's more visible), so when someone needs your contact, he/she doesn't have to chase it.
    Last edited by Transporter; 20-08-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Big props to forum member readerr0r here in Brisbane who installed and configured a RCD510+ and USB port in my 05 Golf TDi on Sunday. The install was relatively painless, but the removal of the old CANBUS was a bit of a challenge.

Highly recommended.

Users Country Flag
    This is a great topic post. Well done.
    Is there anyone in my Canberra region?
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sVWatt View Post
    Is there anyone in my Canberra region?
    Again thanks

I just wanted to ask if there was any update on someone in the ACT region. I have a couple of thing's i'd like to retrofit and would like to have them done here rather than make a trip to Syd or Melb.

Users Country Flag
    Gold Coast FactoryFit Can Install Reverse Cameras (all) Park distance control. Xenon lights. RNS510, RCD510, Canbus Coding. R rear lights. Media In, Bluetooth. Polo dash upgrade (BT) Diagnose faults. Electrical problems. Installer for Martin - JKU Home page

Users Country Flag
    Just got my RNS510 repaired by Audi Upgrades (jku.com.au) after I 'bricked' it by trying to upgrade the firmware. The dealer said it was toast, but Martin was able to magically revive it.

Great service and I'm happy to recommend them for RNS510 repairs. If only they weren't a 1.5 hr drive away from BNE (1hr in the R36) - as they also do reversing cameras and dynaudio upgrades which I'm interested in =)
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    ORANGE - Greg32. Can retrofit RNS510, upgrade RNS510 DVD region, VIM, unlock code find and change etc with RNS manager cable and software. Upgrade firmware, VCDS scans with HexCan cable, tweaks etc.
    Last edited by greg32; 25-03-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: extra info
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

would anyone be able to fix my rns 510 sd reader? its pushed in and ive got a sd card stuck in there as well which i cant get out? it can still read the sd card though

Users Country Flag

hi mate,
    We can most probably fix your sd card reader or replace it id need be. Give us a buzz after Easter if you want 07 5479 5555
    Quote Originally Posted by dejangcool View Post
    would anyone be able to fix my rns 510 sd reader? its pushed in and ive got a sd card stuck in there as well which i cant get out? it can still read the sd card though

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast