Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RNS510 - Upgraded to Map V10

Users Country Flag

I have tried multiple times to find version of firmware and it will not show me while holding down the setting button
    I need to update the firmware to at least 5382 but not willing to trust the ebay disc special. This on top of V1o Gps update as well. Anyone has a VW Firmware for the RNS510 to lend me

cheers
    Golf Mk6 R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfR64 View Post
    I have tried multiple times to find version of firmware and it will not show me while holding down the setting button
    I need to update the firmware to at least 5382 but not willing to trust the ebay disc special. This on top of V1o Gps update as well. Anyone has a VW Firmware for the RNS510 to lend me

cheers
    What iteration is your unit Goes from XXXXXXXXXA to XXXXXXXXL or later
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Link is there and downloads for me

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfR64 View Post

cheers
    If you can get into the secret menu (press and hold setup for several seconds - up to 10 seconds), then it should be able to tell you. Otherwise you'll need someone with access to VCDS
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    I have just bought the V10 DVD from Euro but cannot get it to load in my Tig series 1.
    RNS510 HW-Version H41 with updated firmware 5238 (which loaded quite easily).
    The map DVD keeps saying "please insert the navigation DVD"
    Any help appreciated

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prolec View Post
    I have just bought the V10 DVD from Euro but cannot get it to load in my Tig series 1.
    RNS510 HW-Version H41 with updated firmware 5238 (which loaded quite easily).
    The map DVD keeps saying "please insert the navigation DVD"
    Any help appreciated
    Reset the unit and try again

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly,
    I did a reset via the setup screen, system/all/reset, but no advance loading maps. I assume this is a soft reset??
    Can't get a reset with <,>,* buttons or any action. Is this combination common to all RNS510's, and is it a HARD reset or the same as the setup screen?
    I read somewhere about disconnecting/reconnecting the battery first, so might try that in the morning but I'm a bit sus about it. Guess it costs nothing to try.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by prolec View Post
    Thanks Hillbilly,
    I did a reset via the setup screen, system/all/reset, but no advance loading maps. I assume this is a soft reset??
    Can't get a reset with <,>,* buttons or any action. Is this combination common to all RNS510's, and is it a HARD reset or the same as the setup screen?
    I read somewhere about disconnecting/reconnecting the battery first, so might try that in the morning but I'm a bit sus about it. Guess it costs nothing to try.
    Hold down 3 buttons across the top for 20 secs and it will hard reset it I havent had one for 6 years so cant remember but thats what I used to do.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Hold down 3 buttons across the top for 20 secs and it will hard reset it I havent had one for 6 years so cant remember but thats what I used to do.
    Yep, hold those buttons in simultaneously until the screen goes blank, then let go.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag

OK thanks guys, I must not have held the buttons for long enough. Eventually it did reboot. How frustrating though - after a lot of attempts at loading the DVD, reboots, ignition on/off, key in/out, even battery disconnect/reconnect, I got the poxy thing to accept the DVD and load the maps. God knows what particular sequence was needed. So my advice is just keep playing with the heap of junk.
    Once it accepted the DVD, I just left all alone, hooked up a battery charger and ignored it for a few hours. Then, after a drive, I could remove the DVD without getting a warning about needing the DVD, and the maps worked fine.
    The only small issue I have now is the maps don't start automatically if you turn the key off and remove it. You have to punch MAPS again when you restart the car. Is this normal? I can't find a setting for it.
    Setting the time was another weird procedure but it's done now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast