Thread: RNS510 trouble with NA firmware update

Users Country Flag

RNS510 trouble with NA firmware update

So the unit is a NA "B" with 1040 firmware. I have a 1140 update and it takes the CD and goes through the the menus but when it starts to update the first section to update is the SWL and it restarts right after update of the SWL and checks the CD again and kicks it out with an error. Saying can't downgrade. Please install a CD with newer firmware but 1140 is the highest this unit can go and for some reason it wont take the upgrade any further.

So why is it only doing the first update but none of the rest???

Seems to be stuck on "starting system" doesn't go further.
    Maybe the power that keeps the background memory is faulty. The time on the screen doesn't seem to display all the time.

Hard drive I'm thinking is toast.
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Last edited by CND guy; 13-02-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I am getting the EcuOrder.txt error reading HW Vers

Does anyone know how I might fix that. lol

At first I thought it was the HHD but I replaced the hard drive. Not sure the HHD that I put in is functioning but it came from another RNS510.

Thanks for any tips

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Just a bit of an update.

Still errors during firmware updating so after a bunch attempts at placing the cd back into the dvd reader the unit kicks out back to non SWL screen.

The system still freezes the display on the "system starting" screen but when I load the DVD for the map update there seems to be a bunch of DVD noise like the data is being installed. lol. Funny how the system seems to be frozen but everything seems to be functioning in the background.