Support VWWC

Thread: RNS510 problem saving maps onto hard drive question/problem

Users Country Flag

RNS510 problem saving maps onto hard drive question/problem

Navigation reads perfect off of DVD but I was never given the option to save maps to hard drive. Is there a way to save maps to hard drive.

The owner had placed a DVD in earlier with updated maps and the dvd errored from a crack in the dvd. Could that have caused an issue on why on the dvd does not ask to save to hard drive????

I updated firmware and it completed successfully but the maps still do not ask to save to hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The screen that asks to save to hard drive or use off dvd never comes up. After firmware update.

Users Country Flag
    When you update the maps they are written to the hard drive automatically so what do you mean about 'Saving" them
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CND guy View Post
    Navigation reads perfect off of DVD but I was never given the option to save maps to hard drive. Is there a way to save maps to hard drive.

The owner had placed a DVD in earlier with updated maps and the dvd errored from a crack in the dvd. Could that have caused an issue on why on the dvd does not ask to save to hard drive????

I updated firmware and it completed successfully but the maps still do not ask to save to hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated.
    You can try a format HDD script CD.
    It won't prompt to save to HDD if the same version is already installed.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    would restoring the GPS/Map section of the RNS back to factory default work?

It is an option in the "Reset" section of the System Sub-Menu

Call up the System settings menu by pressing the ISETUP) function selection
    button and the ISystem) function key.

Changing system settings
    - In the System settings menu, touch one of the displayed function keys and select
    the desired setting in the pop-up window which opens.

- In this way, you can set the language for spoken text and screen displays, and
    change the distance or temperature units, or the time and date format.

Resetting the unit to the factory settings

- In the System settings menu, touch the
    I Factory sellings) function key.
    Video seHings
    - In the Factory settings menu, activate the checkboxes in front ofthe entries ~ by
    touching the appropriate function key.
    Touch the function key again to deactivate the checkbox O.
    - In this way, you can select settings you would like to reset.
    - Touch the (Reset) function key and confirm the following security check to reset
    the selected settings to factory settings and delete the data stored there.

In certain cases, sett.ings for "time" and "date" may only be performed manually. The time and
    date from the vehicle is usually copied automatically into the unit . ..
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I reset everything. Looking for the
    format HDD script CD now.

Users Country Flag

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500