Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by NinetySix View Post
    That looks a bit like an easily removable tablet to me, even if it isn't. Would be a shame for somebody to have a crack! I suppose lots of cars have what looks like a tablet sitting on the dash without too much unwanted attention.

Any idea what the damage would be on it? I see Alpine have a reasonable looking 8" unit that looks like it integrates perfectly, for a rather unreasonable price of $2800 

Yeah, that's why I'm wondering about a custom flush mount job..

It says US$1,200 so AU$1,800 with exchange rates. Australian retailers will probably charge around the $2,800 mark. I go to the US frequent enough, so would probably buy it there if that's the case.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

that's really top notch work there, and I remember reading that retrofit thread before I bought my Passat early 2018, i was shopping for something with AWD, reasonable performance and room for/factory option available of 3 way front speakers with the midrange close to the woofers, not up on the dash or requiring custom pillar pods. That thread basically sealed the deal for me 

Hadn't realised you were still running a spare tyre under the box, makes the enclosure volume even more impressive!

Correct me if I'm wrong but have you had that box in the boot for 5 years or so but not yet actually had it powered up and bumping away that whole time??? Dude! Even if you have to tap into the line out, or even into a speaker high level, or even (!) use a dodgy high-low converter to get it functional, it's almost certainly going to be an improvement. Use the amps crossover, fiddle with the phase switch if it helps, or even reverse the wiring polarity to the sub, you won't damage anything and at least you'll have the sub "run in" and loosened up by the time you look at whatever the next step might be.

Thanks, I'm glad you found the guide useful

Yeah it has been sitting under my house collecting dust for the past few years... the premium sub has also been just sitting in the box for years. It's quite embarrassing - I just haven't had the time for it.

I still need to pick up an amp and dsp/head unit or line converter and then do the install - or probably just get it done by a professional.

TBH - the standard Dynaudio system (plus extra sound deadening) sounds awesome. Very punchy, just missing the big low end - been looking forward to rounding it out for a long time.
    Last edited by nermal; 07-06-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Any idea what the damage would be on it? I see Alpine have a reasonable looking 8" unit that looks like it integrates perfectly, for a rather unreasonable price of $2800 
    The Alpine iLX-F411 is available online from this site for US$999 (back order) and they ship internationally: Alpine ILX-F411 Halo | 11" Floating Touchscreen Receiver

So, another year has gone by... but I now have the DSP and AMP (Helix DSP MINI + Helix P One) and have redone the carbon fiber finish.

Time to let the professionals take over =)

RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_184547-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_183946-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_184035-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_182954-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    So, another year has gone by... but I now have the DSP and AMP (Helix DSP MINI + Helix P One) and have redone the carbon fiber finish.

Time to let the professionals take over =)

RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_184547-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_183946-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_184035-jpg
    RNS510 + DSP or Aftermarket Android with DSP?-20210505_182954-jpg

I'm planning to transplant this sub into my Arteon, does anyone want this spare wheel enclosure? (minus sub, amp etc).

It was designed for an R36, but should fit a B6 Passat with 18" wheels (possibly the B7 facelift).

Located in Brisbane.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123