Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 HDD replacement/SSD swap DIY

Users Country Flag

Restart the rns510 with three button reboot and with firmware cd in the slot
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Ok thank’s. Iam blocked because my DVD drive is HS. I wait reception of a new buy at Aliexpress.
    Do you tried with clone ? It does not works ?

Users Country Flag
    No the file system is not know by copy utilities so it will not create it properly.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    ok thank you very much. Last question. Before hardreset i insert dvd firmware or i reset and i wait the red lines of rns510 ?
    I use the firmware 5120 actually. The reset with 5274 is ok ? Or i need to use the origine firmware 4120. Because i don’t have the original 4120, just custom firmware 4120. And i can downgrade like this ?
    Last edited by Libar19; 25-09-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Error

Users Country Flag
    Just put the DVD in the slot and reboot it.
    Whatever factory version you have available, then you can upgrade to latest modified firmware once completed.

Users Country Flag
    Hello. I try your method. But don’t work. The firmware CD is blocked in the dvd drive !! I change the SSD by origin hdd but i could not eject CD !!

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,

I'm new at the forum, thank you very much for the excellent guide and very useful information around.

I’m planning to upgrade my RNS-510 by installing this SDD MSATA to 44 pins PATA adapter:
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07..._image_o07_s00
    with this MSATA III 120GB SDD inside:
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07..._title_o03_s00

Do you think it will work?

But, before start dealing with it, I read the thread How to re-partition the HDD in your RNS510 explaining how to create a new firmware ISO based on 276x version but, unfortunately, the links to the needed files are down.

Should I go all the way through 276x firmware (after finding the needed files), then upgrading to 5238 (even if it has a different partition schema)?

Is there a 5238 firmware distribution with a 90/5/5 partition schema already done? I know I cannot modify the DLSCRIPT.TXT file since the CRC.16 file will not match.

Can anyone point me to the needed files for the 276x version?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for mixing two topics in the same thread.
    Last edited by curt; 08-12-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Hi guys..

I have the same problem that some of you guys also have. I have a "columbus" from Skoda witch is a RNS 510.

The problem i had is that i removed the old HDD and made a backup of the hole disk and then copied the backup to the SSD. Then put SSD back in the columbus and then back in the car. when i powered the columbus up and i got an cd/dvd error and i loaded a firmware cd with 5274 on it (same as i had on it) after i loaded the cd, a few seconds after that the unit said it needed the Maps dvd? So i thought i remove the firmware disk and put another one in the unit.. but the unit is not releasing the cd/dvd.. I have read that more people has had this problem.. when the cd/dvd is removed (by opening the two halves of the DVD drive) and leave the drive empty the unit gives still a cd/dvd error and still wants the Maps dvd. When i remove the SSD and put the unit back in the car everything works. I can load the Maps disk and it reads it.. then i have a functional navigation.. but the media is still grayed out.

I dont know why the DVD drive is blocked after a SSD swap.

Does anyone has fixed this?

I know this is an old thread but hope someone may still be viewing and able to help, I've just recieved a RNS510 B Revision so an older unit, which has x2 problems. 1st the touchscreen isn't functioning, not sure if this has just failed or if the previous owner has attempted firmware update and failed, and 2nd problem is that the HDD is not seemingly being recognized. I've used MRM 7.18 and can access all its functions, but in factory info on MRM readout everything shows fine, except the HDD, it gives hard drive firmware error and HDD model error, this is with stock HDD, and i've also tried another PATA IDE HDD from a Toughbook which was formatted and no partitions. Is there anything that would stop the system seeing the drive? And I'm assuming that because of the HDD not being visible to the system I cant get firmware to load? Bad Mainboard?
    How can I troubleshoot to find the issue?
    Any advice would be great.

pic I from MRM 7.18 in factory info
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qte5fcpjAmGMvbY6nuatQVEuC6yCauCB/view?usp=sharing

I’m not the expert. But suggest start with post #201. Need firmware cd (other posts earlier) and blank hdd — i think unformatted.check the posts earlier. Also need maps cd to go in next. If it falls over, experts should chip in.
    2015 Polo Comfortline 6M + Driving Comfort Package
    2011/11 Yeti 103 TDI 6M + Columbus media centre/satnav
    (2008 MY09 Polo 9N3 TDI retired hurt hail damage)

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast